[SOLVED] Side panel customization

Apr 7, 2020
My rig is something like this:
543543.jpg

According to my own experience running poorly optimized games with this setup the heat generated from the GPU, although already come with a blower, cannot be moved out fast enough and the entire case becomes warm. I mainly get to play games at night so noise level is also something I need to keep low.
Looking at two options here that cost basically the same:

1, order a side panel with one or two 12cm fan mounts or one 20cm fan mount
2, use a big piece of filter(maybe double layered) instead of a panel so that I basically have a half opened case.

Solution
543543.jpg

According to my own experience running poorly optimized games with this setup the heat generated from the GPU, although already come with a blower, cannot be moved out fast enough and the entire case becomes warm. I mainly get to play games at night so noise level is also something I need to keep low.

2, use a big piece of filter(maybe double layered) instead of a panel so that I basically have a half opened case.
If you are stuck with that number of fans in that particular case I would reverse top right and rear fans and if...

Lutfij

Titan
With all things said and drawn(pun intended), heat and air doesn't move along the lines that you've drawn them out to be. In fact that top fan that's set to intake will draw in the "warm" air exhausted by the PSU and GPU which will be more pronounced if the chassis is backed up against a wall, so if anything you're recirculating/recycling the warm air to bring the temps up on the CPU and then cause the fans to ramp up, higher with each temp increment.

Make and model of your chassis? With all the effort you're going through, might want to change to a new case that has better airflow and a set of included in it...?

Include the specs to your system for us to gauge the heatware and the need for any customization.

Apr 7, 2020
With all things said and drawn(pun intended), heat and air doesn't move along the lines that you've drawn them out to be. In fact that top fan that's set to intake will draw in the "warm" air exhausted by the PSU and GPU which will be more pronounced if the chassis is backed up against a wall, so if anything you're recirculating/recycling the warm air to bring the temps up on the CPU and then cause the fans to ramp up, higher with each temp increment.

Make and model of your chassis? With all the effort you're going through, might want to change to a new case that has better airflow and a set of included in it...?

Include the specs to your system for us to gauge the heatware and the need for any customization.
Part of the reasons why I want to customize the side panel so that I can get rid of the unpredictable airflows and excessive fans.

543543.jpg

If you are stuck with that number of fans in that particular case I would reverse top right and rear fans and if possible reverse PSU to pick air from bellow.
As @luftij said we don't know what parts you have it's difficult to say if you have enough case cooling.
Type of CPU cooler also affects air streaming thru the case, by that picture I must assume it's some kind horizontal or stock cooler so you would be much netter served by getting better CPU cooler instead on investing in side panel and more fans.
If you use that new side panel, it would help only if it's fan blows at bellow GPU.

Solution

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
543543.jpg

What PC case are you using from the picture your not doing it right already, but list your PC case.

Apr 7, 2020
Can you add a fan to the front or make it larger 14cm? At very least reverse fan at rear.
If your case has intake at bottom of power supply you could flip the power supply. Still would like to see at least 2 intakes.
I removed 2 front intakes(and put one of them on top) and the temp didn't even take a dent. (the drawing I posted is in between)

My theory is that they are just too far away from the parts that are generating heat to do anything other than filling the case with air, which is why instead of devising some kind of air flow that is untestable and let the heat drain itself, I am ordering a customized side panel with a 20cm fan (costs about $20 where I live). It will blow cool air in the face of the CPU and GPU and push the warm air away, or it can suck all the warm air out of the side and I can put my case under the table for warmth during the winter.