Side pannel case fan

dev893

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
So I just bought a new case and it should be here Tuesday. The case already comes with a 120mm front intake fan and a rear 120mm exhaust fan. the case allows me to put up to 4 80mm fans on the side and I just purchased 2 80mm cause I wasn't planning on getting the money for the new case but I did so yeah. now I'm gonna have 2 brand new 80mm fans to throw into the case. my question is should I have them both as intake or both as exhaust or should I do one intake and one exhaust? thank you in advance

Solution

I have one 120MM side fan in front of CPU Cooler & Guess what? My temp is now down 7 to 10 degree C Cause of this fan only.I fitted this fan lately.Before my CPU temp goes up to 45-50 C when I play games like GTA IV.Now it stays 30-40 C Range.I believe side fans put more air flow on every component inside specially the component in front the FAN & Side fans also Pulls Hot Air outside at the same time.

dev893

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014

I know that but if they are on the side of the case should they be sucking in air or pulling out air for the best airflow.

officialexpert

Reputable
Mar 15, 2014

I have one 120MM side fan in front of CPU Cooler & Guess what? My temp is now down 7 to 10 degree C Cause of this fan only.I fitted this fan lately.Before my CPU temp goes up to 45-50 C when I play games like GTA IV.Now it stays 30-40 C Range.I believe side fans put more air flow on every component inside specially the component in front the FAN & Side fans also Pulls Hot Air outside at the same time.

Solution