Sidekick Fiasco Could Be Costing Microsoft Millions

Status
Not open for further replies.

trih

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Electronista points out that this would mean Microsoft owes T-Mobile $9.8 million or more ... Now that's a lot of moolah.

Not to Microsoft it isn't

Shnur

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
well, it's all just money, the important part is if the trust between the companies... if that happens that much, contract could be broken, and that's a lot more money lost than 9.8m$...

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
Simple solution - all the top execs kick in $500,000 each from their annual salary and they bail MS out. They win in the long run.

PS (I'm not serious - but I may still get flamed.)

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]maigo[/nom]For the love of god, why isn't this all stored locally on the phone?[/citation]

Because sidekick is nothing but a pathetic junk from Sharp, it doesnt have much local memory for storage.

ossie

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
That's why micro$uxx suddenly claims to have recovered most of the lu$er data, after their initial estimations claimed quite the contrary?
Don't cry too much for "poor" m$, they have more than enough fankiddies to buy billy boy's crap, that will compensate any lo$$.

G

knowing Micro$oft they'll get their lawyers to point out some loophole in the wording of the SLA that means they're not liable for most of it, e.g. maybe the penalty only applies if you can't connect to the "cloud", regardless of whether or not your data is still there.

compulsionnra

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
It is ridiculous that there was no local backup or even an option to do a PC backup. If my PDA/phone couldn't do a PC backup I wouldn't have bought it.

MitchMeister-

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
You know what I love, people who think they are clever and original by using dollar signs in place of a "s" in anything regarding Microsoft. Man, have never seen that before. So I'm assuming you don't use any MS products in your life since you seem to not want to give them any cash. Or better yet, you use a Mac! Cause Apple doesn't want your money at all, with products that cost twice as much for the same hardware just to have their wonderful software. Or you could be cool and use Linux because it's the "in" thing to do and you want to "fight the man" (not because it's an excellent open source software). Either way, you're still a tool, get over yourself and you'll realize that; yes, they are a large company making a lot of money, but the PC wouldn't be anything near what it is today without them.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]tmike[/nom]The bar wasn't set very high: 99.5 is a very low SLA requirement.[/citation]Depends on the industry. Defense contracts range between 70% to 99%.

data swallowed up by the cloud.
Since the cloud is the information and processing wouldn't it be more accurate to say the data fell out of the cloud? You could even use a few clever rain puns.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]MitchMeister-[/nom]You know what I love, people who think they are clever and original by using dollar signs in place of a "s" in anything regarding Microsoft. Man, have never seen that before. So I'm assuming you don't use any MS products in your life since you seem to not want to give them any cash. Or better yet, you use a Mac! Cause Apple doesn't want your money at all, with products that cost twice as much for the same hardware just to have their wonderful software. Or you could be cool and use Linux because it's the "in" thing to do and you want to "fight the man" (not because it's an excellent open source software). Either way, you're still a tool, get over yourself and you'll realize that; yes, they are a large company making a lot of money, but the PC wouldn't be anything near what it is today without them.[/citation]

What's sad about those posts as well is that half of the other words are usually misspelled, making the person seem even more like an angsty teenager with an axe to grind. They figure the more they use the "$" and any version of Microcrap, Microsux that's been driven into the ground, the more awesome and original they look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts