[SOLVED] Sigh... I am trying to update the BIOS for GA-78LMT-USB3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaKu1

Prominent
Sep 26, 2022
www.linkedin.com
Sigh... I am trying to update the BIOS for GA-78LMT-USB3, I have the vanilla FA version of the BIOS, but won't work from there and neither the @bios app. It tried to download the 5.0 version (I think there is also a 6.0 that I have on the flash drive), but still it pops a message that the BIOS file is not correct, please download again... It's too early and can't think properly... HALP

Solution
What is the actual REVISION of your motherboard? Because the BIOS firmware versions are not "5.0, 6.0" they are F1, F2, etc.

The 5.0 and 6.0 are physical motherboard versions and the BIOS updates for one of them is not suitable for use with another as all these revisions have differences in the onboard hardware and configuration.

If you look ON your actual motherboard, somewhere on it will be listed the revision (rev.) number, printed directly on the board. Usually along one of the edges or in the middle somewhere. That is what is needed in order to find what actual BIOS versions are available and get the correct one.
What is the actual REVISION of your motherboard? Because the BIOS firmware versions are not "5.0, 6.0" they are F1, F2, etc.

The 5.0 and 6.0 are physical motherboard versions and the BIOS updates for one of them is not suitable for use with another as all these revisions have differences in the onboard hardware and configuration.

If you look ON your actual motherboard, somewhere on it will be listed the revision (rev.) number, printed directly on the board. Usually along one of the edges or in the middle somewhere. That is what is needed in order to find what actual BIOS versions are available and get the correct one.

Solution

LaKu1

Prominent
Sep 26, 2022
www.linkedin.com
I have the oldest there is
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. FA, 4/23/2013
On the site there is a newer made in 2014 F1 and an F2, but both work work neither on boot/usb flash or with @bios.... Also the version @bios is trying to download wont work...

Ok I just read that again... Its 7am and I woke up at 4... Got it now!
Its Rev 5.0 :D

Last edited:
So, there is only ONE BIOS version available for that motherboard model and revision, and that is the one you have, FA. There are no other updates available via the product support page. You might be able to find a newer one via Gigabyte customer support that they can offer which will be compatible but given the age of the board it is doubtful they will offer this help.

Basically, only Gigabyte can tell you with any certainty if one of the newer BIOS versions from a different revision will work with that revision or if they have an updated custom BIOS release they can offer than may not have been publicly released. I've seen this a few times, but not often.

LaKu1

Prominent
Sep 26, 2022
www.linkedin.com
Yeah, I saw that... Look, it's not like a need to update it, it's just that I recently started messing with computers again after a long time, and I am trying stuff to learn most of all… Thanks for the help, it was appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.