[SOLVED] Signal problem

MikeMats17

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
Hey guys, so I was just minding my business browsing the web listening to music as normal and suddenly I hear a loud bang from inside the computer , it then shuts off and doesn't start when I press the on button.
I then switch on and off the psu switch then try and boot it again, the pc starts fans start spinning and everything but no signal, I then try to turn it off by pressing the button but nothing happens, so i turn it off by the psu switch. I then open the case to see what's the problem and I try booting it again to see if everything works fine. So I boot it and fans start spinning normally, motherboard lights and sounds work normally, but no signal? What could it be? Take note that the pc doesn't turn off by pressing the button continuously
Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
A loud 'bang' sound....

Could be the heatsink fell off the CPU; but I think you'd have noticed that when you opened the case.

Could be a capacitor over-heated and exploded. You might not notice that without careful examination all over. But if it was inside the PSU you'd not see it at all.
Update...I couldn't identify the problem but I tried unplugging and plugging-in all motherboard cables cause someone suggested it to me, since it could've just been that a cable disconnected accidentally.
After I did that I tried booting it again and it worked...I don't know what could've been, but anyway if it works it works.
Hey guys, so I was just minding my business browsing the web listening to music as normal and suddenly I hear a loud bang from inside the computer...
A loud 'bang' sound....

Could be the heatsink fell off the CPU; but I think you'd have noticed that when you opened the case.

Could be a capacitor over-heated and exploded. You might not notice that without careful examination all over. But if it was inside the PSU you'd not see it at all.

MikeMats17

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
A loud 'bang' sound....

Update...I couldn't identify the problem but I tried unplugging and plugging-in all motherboard cables cause someone suggested it to me, since it could've just been that a cable disconnected accidentally.
After I did that I tried booting it again and it worked...I don't know what could've been, but anyway if it works it works.

Solution