dragonic2020

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
I've noticed that sometimes, although rarely, my signature turns itself off sometimes.
When I go to my profile --> forum options, I notice that "Apply signature" has been unchecked.

Has anyone noticed this problem? Or am I just crazy?

dragonic2020

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Well, I believe the option works as expected; the signature is applied when "apply signature" is checked.
For some unknown reason however, it is possible that this option will uncheck itself without user interference.

Here's how I think the error occured:
1) I visited my profile page to view my badges through http://www.tomshardware.com/membres/
2) Replied to a thread.
3) Looking at my new post, I realized my signature was missing.
4) I went back to my profile page and turned "apply signature" on.

It may be that going to the profile page turns options on or off or to default somehow? Just a guess.

tecmo34

Administrator

I have seen this myself when going into my Forum options when reviewing my profile. I would say this is most likely the cause of the issue, from my own experience.

dragonic2020

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Ok, I've played around with this and here's what I've found.

Let's say you go "Personal Details" to change your gender and then click the "Submit" button.
Now go to "Forum Options". You should notice that "Apply signature" is now unchecked.

G

I did check "apply signature" but it never works for me. Could there be a limit of words or something?