Question Signed in with a temporary profile

Apr 22, 2019
Hi! So I got this new PC around 5 months ago and it worked fine until this week. I was constantly going into blue screens (specifically the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED one) and now I am signed with a temporary profile that I cant get out of. I have tried to do the regedit trick but with no results. I honestly dont know what to do anymore.

I run Windows 10 Pro x64.
Specs:
CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 2400G @ 3.6 GHz
GPU: Vega 11 Graphics (integrated into CPU)
RAM: 8GB DDR4
MOBO: A320M PRO-VD PLUS (MS-7B38)

Colif

Win 11 Master
my suggestion would be to save everything off PC you want to keep and do a full reset.

one of the processes that can be broken by Critical process died is the login process, so that would explain your lack of a user. Not a lot you can do from a temp profile Guest account.

Does it show the login screen or just take you to desktop?
if you can get login screen
open the power button on bottom right of screen
while holding left shift, click restart button
this loads into windows repair

If the login screen doesn't show, you will need to use an installer to boot into same menu
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install

this takes you ro the windows repair menu mentioned above

how to save info off PC
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

ONce you saved everything off PC, you can either do a reset or a clean install. Since you been getting critical process died BSOD, it might be faster and safer for you to clean install. Both will mean you need to reinstall all programs again. CLean installs fail less often than resets in my experience

Fresh install
boot from installer
follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/
when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

Apr 22, 2019
I already did a clean install a month ago because of the same thing. After a week it started doing the same thing (BSOD's and all of that bullcrap). I am starting to think the cause of all of this is on the hardware side(this week the PC was starting to make some weird noises before it BSOD's)

Colif

Win 11 Master
define weird noises?

seems if you get same erorrs on 2 different installs, it sure isn't windows.

is ram on motherboard ram list?
Try running memtesst86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

do you have latest bios for motherboard?

You might want to download the ultimate bootcd and run Prime test on CPU as its one way to test CPU without windows
what drives have you got? Depending on brand of hdd/ssd, there may also be a test utility on boot cd to also test the drives.

what PSU do you have?

it seems to me that you will need to do a clean install anyway as resets need you to be able to login. But no point doing that until we make sure hardware is right. Something is corrupting it right now so need to figure out what.

Apr 22, 2019
HDD: 1TB Seagate BarraCuda (SATA-III)
PSU:nJoy Ayrus @ 450 Watt

I do have the latest drivers installed and I will try the RAM test and CPU test later and will update here.

Thank you so much.

Edit: By weird noises I am saying that the HDD(really not sure if it's the HDD) kinda ramps up,then the computer sort of freezes and BSOD's with the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error.

Colif

Win 11 Master
the advice i get is you better off with a new PSU from a well known PSU maker such as Seasonic as a bad PSU can corrupt info stored on drives. It can also break parts over time so better get a new PSU and you probably won't get this recurring error pattern.