Question Signs of laptop will broke soon

Rendell1234

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2016
My 6 yrs toshiba satellite(turning 7 this january) is too old now? What signs and symptoms will happen since my laptop still fast(but im in power saver plan so the cpu is slow to dave battery but balanced is running well) also i still received windows update(until i turned off).

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need a little more information. What is the model for your Toshiba laptop? Include an SKU if you can so we can see it's specs. In retrospect, my little brother yet has the HP ProBook 4430s that I'd restored for him, which he bought back in 2011.

If you take care of your laptop, ie., you give it a maintenance run, clean out the dust inside the laptop and change the thermal paste when you see temps rise, you should be able to run the laptop until it, basically, croaks. During your maintenance run, you can inspect each side of the laptop's motherboard and the capacitors inch by inch to see if anything is degraded or degrading. That would be a good indicator of a laptop that's trying to say goodbye.

Does your laptop have any BIOS updates pending?

Nov 20, 2020
My 6 yrs toshiba satellite(turning 7 this january) is too old now? What signs and symptoms will happen since my laptop still fast(but im in power saver plan so the cpu is slow to dave battery but balanced is running well) also i still received windows update(until i turned off).
If a laptop has being used for a long time you will probably start noticing it by the life of the battery decrase and also you might hear clicking noises from the hard drive which means its getting the end of his life.
If your laptop is too old it will simply wont be able to keep up with the usual tasks. If you want the best performance of your laptop you need to set it on HIGH PERFORMANCE setting and use it while the charger is plugged in. Try cleaning your laptops air wents by using some compressed air and vacuum since clogged wents may cause overheating and decrase your cpu performance. You can also change thermal paste to cool the system even more. If your laptop doesnt have the recommended specifications for an oprating system (for example windows 10 needs at least 4 gb of ram) you may need to consider install another operating system such as windwos 7 since it is less demanding than windows 10.Hope this helps. Looking foward to hear from you.

BEST REGARDS

Last edited:
Reactions: Rendell1234