Silent Keyboard?

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Does anyone know of a good perfectly silenty keyboard? I ask cuz the one I have now is LOUD. I mean, it was a $30 keyboard and all, but hitting the keys is so loud. At night when I want to relax, my annoying as brother is chatting away smacking the keys so horribly I have to leave the room!!! I NEED TO RELAX!!! If anyone knows any good keyboard that makes very little if any noise, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Thanks.

"We put the <i>fun</i> back into fundamentalist dogma!"

G

I bought a plain old 104 key Logitech keyboard for my brother's computer a few months ago and thought it was pretty quiet. I think it was $15-20.

I'm curious though, you say the sound of the keyboard is annoying when your brother is using it. Is it that loud when YOU use it? If it's quiet for you then it is your brother's typing technique that needs fixing. No keyboard will be silent if the user is pounding on the keys. Not to mention that using too much force jars the joints in your fingers and you can end up with repetitive stress injuries and arthritis at a young age.

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It is loud both. I mean, I can type fairly silently with it, but I type slow if I do. But, even very slowly depressing the keys (especially space bar) does make a noticeable clicking noise. But if I type at my normal speed, it is pretty loud and annoying. My brother just hits the keys excesively hard and fast, making it even worse. I was using a freinds WebTV once, and the keyboard that came with that was extremely silent, even typing very quickly. I'm looking for something about as quiet as that or a laptop keyboard.

"We put the <i>fun</i> back into fundamentalist dogma!"

Foolscap

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2001
My girlfriend always complained when I was up late playing games on my old keyboard, she said it was too loud (although I didn't notice). Recently I built my new system and picked up a $15 keyboard from a local store in town, and I'll be damned if there isn't a world of difference. I placed them right next to each other just to check out the noise difference, the old one was so much louder than the new one.

I'd suggest just shopping around to some local stores, they shouldn't mind if you pull the keyboard out of the box and mash a few keys. You can find a quiet one for under $20 I'm sure.

<font color=blue>Reality lies in the parameters of knowledge.</font color=blue>