[SOLVED] Silent keyboard

Coryn94

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2015
I'm looking for my first mechanical keyboard and after buying the K68 corsair yesterday I come to the masters for guidance. The keyboard is simply too loud because my girlfriend is in the same room watching tv. My keyboard will be used for both typing and gaming.

My priorities are :
1) Silent/quiet
Rest) Price/value , Quality, Ergonomical, numpad
Don't care) RGB, macro keys

Ps; would have to be available in Belgium in Azerty style (unless there is an option to buy a qwerty board, switch keys to azerty altho I'm not sure this would work)

Solution
Your biggest issue is the location and need for a keyboard layout for your area.

There are a few quieter mechanical keys, MX Silent is probably the one that most resembles the noise of a standard dome keyboard. Kail Speed Silver are also quieter than MX Reds, especially when used with some O rings. MX Brown are quieter than the Reds. If you are in the same room, MX Silent are the ones to get, but they have a very different feel to most other mechanicals.

Since you need/want a specific layout, do a web search for MX Silent keyboards and see what you find. There are also DIY kits where you can basically build your own layout with switches and custom keycaps but you may not like the prices for those.
Your biggest issue is the location and need for a keyboard layout for your area.

There are a few quieter mechanical keys, MX Silent is probably the one that most resembles the noise of a standard dome keyboard. Kail Speed Silver are also quieter than MX Reds, especially when used with some O rings. MX Brown are quieter than the Reds. If you are in the same room, MX Silent are the ones to get, but they have a very different feel to most other mechanicals.

Since you need/want a specific layout, do a web search for MX Silent keyboards and see what you find. There are also DIY kits where you can basically build your own layout with switches and custom keycaps but you may not like the prices for those.

Last edited:
Solution