Silent PSU choice in the 650-850W range

Hello people!

I'm a bit behind on PSUs so, would a Corsair RM650i or 750i still be the go-to choice for a solid and silent PSU these days(i know they are sopposed to be more silent than the EVGA G2s)? Or are there newer better units(perhaps something fully digital?)

Also, would you pay extra for an RMi as opposed to an RMx for the better fan and Corsair Link?

Any suggestions are welcome. My main interest the PSU staying silent for as long as possible when "idling" even in high ambient. Low noise when gaming is of secondary importance. I'm looking to swap out a Seasonic M12II as i can't stand it's noise anymore.

Thank you!

P.S. What are your opinions on the "Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750W"?

never thought i would see a question from you.
the rmx is a great quality psu (corsair link is useless), however the rim and rmx are so silent i can guarantee u wouldn't hurt them under load.
Also they both feature , their ultra low noise option to prove the statement above.

Wouldn't touch thermal take because their customer service sucks, and they are still behind seasonic, delta , channel well and or super flower.

I've got no clue what your budget and setup is.

@superninja12 Well, it never hurts to double check since there are folks around here that keep up with this stuff alot more than i do :)

Budget is around at or under a Corsair RM750i(so the Primes are a bit off). The point was to find out if there are good designs more modern than the RMi/x that are just as or more silent and cost around the same. I know the EVGA G3s are on a newer platform, but they are noisier having a smaller fan and an aggressive fan profile.

Thanks all for your input.

None of those are available around here. Plus, are any of those better than teh RMi/x s?

you could go for the fanless series:)

Nah, man! It gets hot around here and i tend to own power hungry GPUs :)