Question silent PSU

Sep 17, 2019
Hello. Could anyone advice silent 1000W+ PSU that makes no sound when the pc is turned off, but the power cord is plugged in?
I have my pc next to my bed, and have no other place to keep it, when i sleep at night i hear hight pitched beeping sound from my PSU, its constant and turns off only if i unplug the cable.

I tried chieftec and ecotec PSUs, they all have similar sound when pc is off, basically the pc is more quiet when its ON.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019
Beeping isn't coming from the psu, it's coming from the motherboard. Do you still have the mobo manual? It should have beep codes.

Why do you need 1000w? Are you SLI'ing 2080Tis?
This is not that type of beep when old pc starts, or when there is an error. This is like elecrical constant beep coming from PSU, not motherboard. I tested my new one prior installing by plugging it separately from the case.

Only one atm, but since i cant get stable 144fps in most of the games i play, i may be buying second one soon.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I tried chieftec and ecotec mobos, they all have similar sound when pc is off, basically the pc is more quiet when its ON.
These 2 manufacturers make motherboards? As far as I know, they make power supplies, and the quality is questionable from both...

This is not that type of beep when old pc starts, or when there is an error. This is like elecrical constant beep coming from PSU, not motherboard. I tested my new one prior installing by plugging it separately from the case.
If this really is coming from a power supply(still doubt it, does your psu even boast such a feature?), then you would likely have a wiring fault in your residence.

Only one atm, but since i cant get stable 144fps in most of the games i play, i may be buying second one soon.
Cpu?
Cpu cooler?
Motherboard make and model?
How many sticks of memory? Total capacity?
Exact make and model of the power supply?
Monitor? [It had better not be 1080p or lower if you've got a 2080Ti in there...]
Case?

Sep 17, 2019
These 2 manufacturers make motherboards? As far as I know, they make power supplies, and the quality is questionable from both...

If this really is coming from a power supply(still doubt it, does your psu even boast such a feature?), then you would likely have a wiring fault in your residence.

Cpu?
Cpu cooler?
Motherboard make and model?
How many sticks of memory? Total capacity?
Exact make and model of the power supply?
Monitor? [It had better not be 1080p or lower if you've got a 2080Ti in there...]
Case?
Please take a quick look at my thread over there, i listed my specs there and both issues are actual for me:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/software-related-hardware-utilisation.3525758/
1080p 144hz LG monitor, not that old model.
case supports my huge liquid cooling system for the cpu, i dont remember the names and am at work atm, cant check.
if thats important let me know, i will note that tomorrow.

P.S. i would highly appreciate if you let me know if 750W PSU will be enough for my build, i think to get the same as you have in your signature, its 250 euro at my country, aprox 2x more expensive than my current one.

Last edited:

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
SLI is dead technology. Rarely, if ever, provides much benefit, isn't supported by newer games, is finicky to set up, and sometimes hurts performance.

SLI is a waste of time.

Also, regarding Borderlands 3
With an unlocked framerate, the game surprisingly struggles to get over 90 fps on any settings under medium on the GTX 1080 with a GPU utilization that seems suspiciously low, hinting at some hidden bottleneck on a game possibly designed for 60 fps.

TRENDING THREADS