Silicon Knights' Lawsuit Against Epic Gets Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Don't really care if Epic gets disbanded (unlikely) or has to pay major settlements because of their schemes as they sold their souls right after the success of the original Unreal/Unreal Tournament.

I swear every company that goes corporate ends up being a POS or involved in some kind of a nasty scheme.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]FloKid[/nom]Maybe Epic knows how to use their engine better eh? : )[/citation]

no boubt thats true. however, they gave out code for a non finalized vesion so people could work on games up till the code was finalized and have very little trouble moving to the finalized code specs. they failed to do that for long enough that SK had to make their own engine. and they have proof that epic made developers stop working on code for others to focus on gears.

i hope that epic has to pay sk so much that they can make too human 2 as i like the game, and if the engine was fixed could be great, or at least great fun.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Unreal engines are great and all, but the recent trend of not supporting Anti-aliasing is unnerving. I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with developers whoring out to console gamers...

Either way, I can't wait until Valve finally works on (or finishes) the Source 2 Engine. I'm sure it will be amazing (especially since it will support all the latest goodies and work properly on PC... with raw mouse input, etc).

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]Unreal engines are great and all, but the recent trend of not supporting Anti-aliasing is unnerving. I'm pretty sure it has a lot to do with developers whoring out to console gamers...[/citation]

What's that got to do with anything? In any case, while console games have never been big users of anti-aliasing, it has been used for a good number of years.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
I really do believe SK on this.
Epic worked hard on Gears, they were able to do this because they had so much funding from SK on others who were paying them to deliver an engine; which they did not deliver.

I mean lets face it: Epic doesn't have a huge incentitive to help a Gears competitor reach market at the same time.

On the bright side Too Human now isn't based on the Unreal engine, and the further we move from that the better!

mchuf

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
Epic deserves to pay big time for screwing their customers. But honestly, the problems with Too Human have nothing to do with what engine it used. The game was bad and SK didn't deserve to make any money on that pos.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]WyomingKnott[/nom]Since +1/-1 is broken, here's a plus-one.[/citation]
Google handed Tom's a legal threat for using "+1" when it's going to be the next big thing.

I think Tom's should respond by replacing the +1 with "Like"

IncinX

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2006
Actually, if anyone has a chance, you should pickup TooHuman used or for cheap it is a really good game. It is unfortunate that it was a tad buggy because of problems like this.

Almost checked my versions before I realized that you were April Fooling me.

Did Google really? I'm glad my kid is in tenth grade now. Back in early math, she would have been sued every day. 4 + 1 = ?

Status
Not open for further replies.