Silicon Mountain Unveils Allio All-In-One HTPC TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I thought I've seen HP having the same items in Staples.
Their PC comes inside a 24 to nearly 28" screen?
Anyways, the price was between 1500 and 1899.

ChuckDriver

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2008
I'm not a fan of the Intel GMA X4500HD graphics on this, but maybe they'll introduce something like the GeForce 9400/9300 on this at some point in the future if they plan on using integrated graphics in the future.

joex444

Distinguished
Curious to see Far Cry2 / Crysis on this? Just look at it, Intel GMA. It doesn't run Crysis anywhere near where you could play it.

Now, what I would add to this: eSATA port. Come on, you know that in a couple years this hardware will still be more than fast enough to do what it is intended to do. But 250GB or 1TB will get used up. You actually want to delete things? ... Although I suppose a NAS would work just as well since it does have GbE.

ckthecerealkiller

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
That is actually a pretty good price by my count. 42" HDTV $1250, OEM Vista $100, 1TB drive $150, 4gb ram $70, combo drive $200, Tv tuner $100, good mobo $150, CPU $80. Now add 30% for the manufacturer. We get $2730, that doesn't include how many extra connections it has available or the built in remote/software for the TV capability. Now we just need a review on the display quality and I am sold..... As long as I can upgrade to windows 7 :).

Why are they even mentioning high end games though..... This uses shared system memory for graphics applications.

plbyrd

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
This thing is perfect for my bedroom. I currently have a 32" LCD mounted on the wall and my HP laptop hooked up as a media center. The TV and Laptop combine to about a $2000 price and that doesn't include Blu-Ray and it's extremely inconvenient having that HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV. I can see the top-end 32" version in my bedroom soon. :)

G

WE LASO DID IT! ... supertv.it but the concept is TV MEDIA CENTER COMMUNICATION AND INTERNET ... not farcry2 3 or 4 ...in this way u should buy a PS3comboTV that will be better and no need antivirus software and can play all game swithout drivers upgrade o system crash as PC always done! we decide to put MACOS hardware in our Tv that is better in performace video music and internet! let's choose

Status
Not open for further replies.