Silicon Valley Businesses To Be Hit With Global Warming Tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvalhalla

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
So the pollution board is conducting million dollar a year independent global warming studies? That's either a complete lie or an enormous waste of money. Global warming has plenty of people studying it, the Bay area pollution board doesn't NEED to help out. I call shenanigans.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
Wait let me get this, they are now going to additionally tax the oil/gas companies? NICE! Now the oil companies will have yet another excuse to the raise the price of oil/gasoline yet another dollar! God bless America.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
Ironically, the impact on immigration (mostly from Mexico), over the next few decades will - at current rates - add 100,000,000 or more to the US population. But noooo..we have to 'look after the environment', you see (or rather, tax customers to the hilt).

Land in Arizona is being swallowed up at the rate of an acre-an-hour. More consumers = more demand on resources = more pollution and yet where are these pillars of the community on that issue? Too busy raking in the tax dollars from the Americans, no doubt..

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
Oh, and let's not forget the CFR's private meetings, the soul intention being to implement the North American Union and along with it the tolled highway system that will run from Mexico right through Canada. Funny..Obama and Clinton seem to fall silent when pushed on that subject.

Our so-called 'leaders' care only for themselves. Just let the third-world population double every few decades, and let everyone come here..that's the solution even if it results in the complete rape and pillage of our resources, our heritige and our ability to climb out this mess. Will the people who implemented the scheme whereby the Latino population of California doubled over 20 years, be paying this tax? I doubt it..

rick_h

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
I've lived in the BA all my life. This is where I am trying to earn a living. The politicians have totally destroyed the tech industry by making business unfriendly rules. Thanks to these stupid environmentalist my job is going to Singapore next year. Global warming being induced by humans is utterly a stupid idea.

Sunfighterlc

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
I never thought theyd find a way to tax people for just existing, but they have found it. What is worse is a lot of people actually support them even though the whole idea is STILL being debated, and the 'science' isnt a science to begin with. Putting data into a simulator and running it IS NOT the same as doing the real thing, going out and getting the data from the source.

G

Thats the plan.. Tax America to death, study non existing global warming, put up more abortion clinics, kill more children, save the trees but God Bless America and the super lavish lifestyles of these politicians.. Maybe politicians should have a "green house tax" for the extra large homes, super fancy gas guzzling Mercedes, and that super yacht they often "relax" on AKA sleep with hookers.. Nothing pisses me off more then a crooked system screwing those that uphold it.. Ever heard "don't bite the hand that feeds you"?

Status
Not open for further replies.