[SOLVED] Silly Question About Adding an SSD

mian99

Commendable
Apr 5, 2018
Hi, I have a 1TB Samsung SSD I'm adding to my home-built system to augment storage. It's a 2" drive, and I know how to mount it and connect it. My question is, do I need to set it up in my Gigabyte BIOS before the system will recognize it and work, or will that happen automatically? Many thanks in advance.

Solution
Hi, I have a 1TB Samsung SSD I'm adding to my home-built system to augment storage. It's a 2" drive, and I know how to mount it and connect it. My question is, do I need to set it up in my Gigabyte BIOS before the system will recognize it and work, or will that happen automatically? Many thanks in advance.
If it does not automatically appear as just another drive letter, go into Disk Management.

You may have to Initialize, New Simple Volume, Format, and give it a drive letter.

USAFRet

Titan
If it does not automatically appear as just another drive letter, go into Disk Management.

You may have to Initialize, New Simple Volume, Format, and give it a drive letter.

Reactions: mian99
Solution