[SOLVED] Silly question, but does the MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 mobo support a Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus SSD?

May 22, 2022
Apologies for the long title and sort of stupid question, but I saw that the MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 mobo has the following:
PCIe x16 Slots: 3
PCIe x8 Slots: 0
PCIe x4 Slots: 0
PCIe x1 Slots: 1
PCI Slots: 0

And me being a newbie, I have no idea if that means that SSD won't work since it has "PCIe Gen 3.0 x4". All I know is SATA is ok, NVMe is better, and in some cases PCIe Gen 4 is the best. I just want a solid NVMe SSD, which I'm hoping this is, but I don't know if the mobo supports it. Again, apologies for the stupid question and for the sort of long post. I would appreciate any help on the matter. Thank you.

Edit: Opted for a different mobo, same stupid question though.

Last edited:
Solution
Apologies for the long title and sort of stupid question, but I saw that the MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 mobo has the following:

And me being a newbie, I have no idea if that means that SSD won't work since it has "PCIe Gen 3.0 x4". All I know is SATA is ok, NVMe is better, and in some cases PCIe Gen 4 is the best. I just want a solid NVMe SSD, which I'm hoping this is, but I don't know if the mobo supports it. Again, apologies for the stupid question and for the sort of long post. I would appreciate any help on the matter. Thank you.

Yes it will work.
3x M.2 Gen4 x4 64Gbps slots...

Yes it will work.
3x M.2 Gen4 x4 64Gbps slots, 1x M.2 gen3 x4.

https://storage-asset.msi.com/datasheet/mb/global/MAG-Z690-TOMAHAWK-WIFI-DDR4.pdf

Reactions: Andras0
Solution