[SOLVED] Silly question

verdugo

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2009
I paid off one of my credit cards and then called the issuer and cancelled it. I still have the website saved with My Favorites. It just happens that when I pull the site up it automatically fills in my id and password so all i had to do was to hit enter to get in. My question is, can i delete the saved site from My Favorites and that's takes care of it or should I be doing something else before I delete it from my saved sites?

Solution
When you delete something, it goes into the recycle bin so you can recover if you later found out you made a mistake.
That is still accesable to a virus or malware app.
After deleting, empty the recycle bin.
Even that is not foolproof.
Change all of your financial passwords to a longish/secure one.
Write them down in a notebook along with the user name.
For any site that you do not care if it gets hacked, it might be ok to keep user id's and passwords.
You have made 1 classic mistake , you should never have bank or credit card sites on a toolbar or in a favourite's folder. their are things called key loggers that can get installed by rouge sites and apps. They sit in the background waiting for you to type something , its just like a real person looking over your shoulder.

You should be able to delete the site just by right clicking the site short cut icon.
For future reference , when you go to any site that involves banking or credit cards always type the address into your browser never use a short cut.
With regards to your settings getting done automatically work your way through your browser settings , you should find , save payment info , auto complete and saved passwords , turn them all off !

Reactions: verdugo
When you delete something, it goes into the recycle bin so you can recover if you later found out you made a mistake.
That is still accesable to a virus or malware app.
After deleting, empty the recycle bin.
Even that is not foolproof.
Change all of your financial passwords to a longish/secure one.
Write them down in a notebook along with the user name.
For any site that you do not care if it gets hacked, it might be ok to keep user id's and passwords.

Solution
Since it's a website, I assume this My Favorites refers to My Favorites in a browser. Most browser not only lets you save log in codes and passwords, but also delete them. Usually in the settings.
Deleting the website from My Favorites does not delete the saved password. It has to be deleted separately, as above.