Silver/Gold Inks Epson Printers

Has anybody heard of any recent advances in the quest to create a true
silver and a true gold ink cartridge for Epson printers? My company
uses an Epson Stylus Photo 2200, and we're searching for a silver ink
cartridge to produce a true silver ink.

JaMaPoR@gmail.com wrote:
> Has anybody heard of any recent advances in the quest to create a true
> silver and a true gold ink cartridge for Epson printers? My company
> uses an Epson Stylus Photo 2200, and we're searching for a silver ink
> cartridge to produce a true silver ink.

Yikes, you're asking for trouble!!!! Don't we have enough problems
with clogging?

I believe you have to use metal particles to achieve gold and silver
colours, which would make the inks quite thick. And this would work
directly against normal inks which are more like "Kool-Aid" in texture
in order to prevent clogging in the print head. In other words, your
print head would probably clog even before your first printed sentence
in gold or silver. right now, go for the fake gold/silver that your
software can produce.

-Taliesyn

Taliesyn wrote:
> JaMaPoR@gmail.com wrote:
>> Has anybody heard of any recent advances in the quest to create a
>> true silver and a true gold ink cartridge for Epson printers? My
>> company uses an Epson Stylus Photo 2200, and we're searching for a
>> silver ink cartridge to produce a true silver ink.
>>

> Yikes, you're asking for trouble!!!! Don't we have enough problems
> with clogging?
>
> I believe you have to use metal particles to achieve gold and silver
> colours, which would make the inks quite thick. And this would work
> directly against normal inks which are more like "Kool-Aid" in texture
> in order to prevent clogging in the print head. In other words, your
> print head would probably clog even before your first printed sentence
> in gold or silver. right now, go for the fake gold/silver that your
> software can produce.
>
> -Taliesyn

You're right. Normal inkjets aren't capable of handling metallics. I had an
old ALPS that was - but that died a death yonks ago, and they're no longer
made, TTBOMK.
on salads.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

On 24 Jan 2005 13:12:51 -0800, in comp.periphs.printers, JaMaPoR@gmail.com
wrote:

>Has anybody heard of any recent advances in the quest to create a true
>silver and a true gold ink cartridge for Epson printers? My company
>uses an Epson Stylus Photo 2200, and we're searching for a silver ink
>cartridge to produce a true silver ink.

The nearest I've come is printing onto "silver" CDs with an Epson R200.

They're sort of a matt silver but the effect is quite good for a
"metallic" background if you print a shaded colour range. I've had quite
nice gold, bronze and silver effects using yellows, oranges(ish) and
greys. The importants bit is to emulate the highlights carefully with
very pale colour or even white.

Dave

--
xtalsinger@yahoo.com is a valid reply-to address but I don't check it every day.

If you are looking for real gold you should look locally for somthing like
this:

http://adriatix.hr/A_PROIZVODI/A_Foly/A_FOLY_1.htm

--

adriatic
http://adriatix.hr/

<JaMaPoR@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Has anybody heard of any recent advances in the quest to create a true
> silver and a true gold ink cartridge for Epson printers? My company
> uses an Epson Stylus Photo 2200, and we're searching for a silver ink
> cartridge to produce a true silver ink.

Even if a silver ink could be produced, the result would be rather
matte, like most silver spray paint looks, and it would likely darken
and oxidize over time.

As Adriatic states, one way to produce metallic results, which can look
rather nice and shiny is to use foil sheets with a laser printer. The
way these work is the foil adheres to the laser toner. One prints the
item on a laser printer, and then using a foil sheet, places the foil
wherever the foil is desired, and the sheet is either run through the
laser printer again, or through some other heated device (like a
laminator), and the foil is transferred onto the toner which it adheres
to. The sheet is then peeled off and the metallic foil is left behind
wherever the toner was.

Art

Adriatic wrote:

> If you are looking for real gold you should look locally for somthing like
> this:
>
> http://adriatix.hr/A_PROIZVODI/A_Foly/A_FOLY_1.htm
>

> --
>
> adriatic
> http://adriatix.hr/
>
> <JaMaPoR@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Has anybody heard of any recent advances in the quest to create a true
>>silver and a true gold ink cartridge for Epson printers? My company
>>uses an Epson Stylus Photo 2200, and we're searching for a silver ink
>>cartridge to produce a true silver ink.

Justus Iwu

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015

What model printer was that, and could really print metallic symbols on print?