SilverStone Adds To The Sugo Series With The SG12 Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdon

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
Seems with just about everything Silverstone lately, you should be putting "available" in quotes. How many months was the FTZ01 "available" before stock showed up anywhere?

This is something I'd be interested in. It's nice and compact, but still makes accommodations for standard parts. Full-size OD, not a slimline. Full PSU, even if size is a little restricted. This is enough for a stock cooled i5, maybe i7, and a reasonably strong GPU.

Arabian Knight

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015
so instead of allowing a 280 radiator on the top 2x140 they put the stupid power supply on the top of the motherboard...

hey silverstone , here is a tip ..

see those drive cages on the front ? put the power supply there .

and on the top make 2x140 fans so we can add a 280 radiator there or a 240 one.

and make sure it fits on the frame and not the cover ...

who wastes place for internal harddisk cages when we need better cooling ?

Arabian Knight

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015

you are wrong . Silverstone did not release an SFF that takes mATX motherboards.

mini itx motherboards are stupid with only 1 slot. and this case is perfect but it lacks cooling.

who would use mATX mobo without proper cooling ? adding 4 cards ?

I have no idea what you're babbling about. I simply said this case is perfect for some people. You respond by saying "You are Wrong" then go on about SFF, mATX, mini-ITX and follow that with saying "this case is perfect..."

Truly baffling...

This is something I'd be interested in. It's nice and compact, but still makes accommodations for standard parts. Full-size OD, not a slimline. Full PSU, even if size is a little restricted. This is enough for a stock cooled i5, maybe i7, and a reasonably strong GPU.

You can easily put an i7 in there. A stock or even a number of aftermarket coolers will work with it just fine.

From the article: "The case weighs a little over 11 pounds and measures 210 x 266 x 407 mm (HxWxD). It allows micro-ATX, mini-DTX and mini-ITX motherboards, and depending on the fan and drive cage configurations, it can fit GPUs up to 14.5 inches. However, there is a width restriction of 4.46 inches. For power, it can take a PS2 (ATX) power supply unit. There is also a restriction on the PSU size to only 370 mm when an external drive or optical drive is used in the external 5.25-inch bay."

Can we simply put both inches & MM into these measurements? Ping-ponging back & forth (within the same paragraph even) makes it a pain to convert all the time. I understand there are American, European, and readers from other places - surely it would make it easier for all to understand to have both.

Arabian Knight

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015

Then go get educated about the terms I used . besides , I was not talking with you to begin with . I just posted my opinion , and I dont care what you think so please stop bothering me.

it is perfect for some people ? I dont think so , it has serious design flaws and will never be a good seller.

and again mind your business.

kidfusion3000

Reputable
Jun 16, 2014
they're making exactly the same mistakes the SG01 had, and this case is even worse because they should know better. It exactly matches the thermaltake lanbox layout for components. There's not enough vertical clearance above the cpu for a decent HSF if you're thinking of a cpu >80 watts. even 80 might be pushing it. if you like silverstone, do yourself a favor the SG07-9 i think, were much better, more on the lines of my current fractal design node 605. which i've never regretted upgrading to.

ryguystye

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
Hmm, I'm looking for the smallest 4-slot matx case, so I can put a Raijintek Morpheus or something similar on my graphics card. I'm trying to make the quietest smallish computer that I can and this looks like it might work, but only if the CPU gets decent cooling to stay quiet as well. Anyone know of any other options for me?

Arabian Knight

Reputable
Feb 26, 2015

1- The Sg10 is a good choice , with decent cooling ( 2x120 fans , 1x 180 , 2x92 fans , 1x 80)

and just 220mm (W) x 295mm (H) x 354mm (D), 23 liters

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=392

sg10-dimension.jpg

2- Antec ISK600M

http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=706927&fid=5022033

ISK600M_r_c.jpg
ISK600M_qlt_light.jpg

3- The cooltek c3

211 x 365 x 287 mm

http://www.cooltek.de/en/powered-by-jonsbo/c3/144/c3-window

1214308.jpg

Status