Review SilverStone Hydrogon H90 ARGB Review: Low Profile for Mid-Range CPUs

Thanks for the review. It's kind of expensive for its capabilities, specially when beQuiet! has really solid offerings for cheaper.

The last "true" low profile HSF I've used is the CM GeminII M4 for my A8-3850 (yes, Llano) and it had just about enough cooling capacity for the ~100W of that APU. For my current build I'm using the beQuiet! Shadow Rock TF2, but I'd be hella interested if you could add/test the LP version: https://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/570

Other than that, could you please just add a game test? Just to know if at least during a gaming session the CPU wouldn't throttle.

Regards.

Reactions: Albert.Thomas

ikernelpro4

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 4, 2018
Thanks for the review. It's kind of expensive for its capabilities, specially when beQuiet! has really solid offerings for cheaper.

The last "true" low profile HSF I've used is the CM GeminII M4 for my A8-3850 (yes, Llano) and it had just about enough cooling capacity for the ~100W of that APU. For my current build I'm using the beQuiet! Shadow Rock TF2, but I'd be hella interested if you could add/test the LP version: https://www.bequiet.com/en/cpucooler/570

Other than that, could you please just add a game test? Just to know if at least during a gaming session the CPU wouldn't throttle.

Regards.
CPU Throttling isn't an issue in the past half a decade.
I mean even with a 1600 you aren't gonna throttle (paired with an equal budget GPU like the 2060).

And the 1600 is a really old CPU by today's standards

CPU Throttling isn't an issue in the past half a decade.
I mean even with a 1600 you aren't gonna throttle (paired with an equal budget GPU like the 2060).

And the 1600 is a really old CPU by today's standards
I didn't get your point.

This is testing a low profile CPU cooler (HSF: heat sink and fan) and using a 12600K, which when is used at 100% (all cores) it uses a lot more power than the 5600(X). The question I have is, would this little LP cooler be able to cool the 12600K at least during a gaming session, as it uses less power, generally?

Throttling IS a thing, specially now with the power targets the new gen of CPUs is hitting. AMD self-imposes a 95°C limit (100°C being the hard one) and Intel is 100°C.

Regards.

Reactions: Loadedaxe

Loadedaxe

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2016
The person you quoted didn't say anything about cpu throttling.

However, you did.
You are wrong sir. CPUs do throttle!

Yes even brand spankin new ones!

Albert.Thomas

Prominent
Staff member
Aug 10, 2022

This SFF cooler was able to handle a 200W Cinbench load over 10 minutes.

The absolute worst case scenario for a 13900K in gaming is peaks of 200W, but averaging more like 80-150W depending on the game.

It's not going to cause an issue in gaming, trust me on this.