[SOLVED] SilverStone Permafrost 360mm ARGB AIO problem

Jun 2, 2021
I have SilverStone Permafrost 360mm ARGB AIO and AMD Ryzen 5 5600X. Fans are so loud and i have 40-60°C in idle. In games i have around 60°C. Do you think computer will be more quiet if i replace AIO fans with Noctua?

Solution
The temps look fine to me, Zens do fluctuate to 60s deg C even in "idle" or light loads. And yes, Noctua fans are what you want for low noise. Scythe fans are also good for silence, not as good as Noctuas, but more affordable.

That being said, sometimes the issue isn't so much of what dB (intensity) your fans make, but what kind of noise and how often the noise fluctuates. Low dB measurement but in high pitch and/or fans ramping up and down too quickly is more annoying than higher dB measured but acceptable tone and/or smooth ramping up and down.

You can try setting up a custom curve in the BIOS for your fans. The default fan curve is annoyingly loud, and doesn't seem to account for Ryzens' nature. I set mine to below 40% under 60...

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
The temps look fine to me, Zens do fluctuate to 60s deg C even in "idle" or light loads. And yes, Noctua fans are what you want for low noise. Scythe fans are also good for silence, not as good as Noctuas, but more affordable.

That being said, sometimes the issue isn't so much of what dB (intensity) your fans make, but what kind of noise and how often the noise fluctuates. Low dB measurement but in high pitch and/or fans ramping up and down too quickly is more annoying than higher dB measured but acceptable tone and/or smooth ramping up and down.

You can try setting up a custom curve in the BIOS for your fans. The default fan curve is annoyingly loud, and doesn't seem to account for Ryzens' nature. I set mine to below 40% under 60 degrees and ramp up at 65 C. 65 C is incidentally, my gaming temps most of the time.

Solution