SilverStone Primera PM01 Big Mid-Tower ATX Case Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see more case manufacturers sell the bodies of their cases with various styling options for the sides, top, and front. Hell, even offer various styles for the case feet. Something like the Cooler Master MasterCase 5 offering. Very surprised we aren't seeing much of this these days, and I've wanted to see this for years. Give us more case styling options. Offer us the case body and let us choose the type of styling we want for it.

mj120394

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
If I remember correctly, they revealed this case way back last year. They announced an updated version at CES and is now on their website.

The updated ones now have tinted tempered glass on the left panel, case fans that have RGB LED "fan guards" (meaning that the fan itself isn't RGB, but has a cover/insert you would put on the fan for the LED effects), and PROPER mounting for 140mm fans on the top.

However, the updated version now allows you to put the 280mm radiator on the top of the case right under the top cover rather than on the top next to the motherboard. Everything else is exactly the same as this one.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

You can install the 2x 140mm radiator under the plastic cover on this version too. You'll just have to cut some of the grill out for the coolant lines.

mj120394

Commendable
Feb 1, 2017
Your correct. My wording was poor here since I was in a rush. From many reviews of this case that I have seen, when you are trying to put 140mm fans on top of the plastic, the fans for the 140mm barely fit width-wise. Even if they do the mounting holes don't align properly. Again, this is something that many people complained about this case and silverstone "fixed" it with the updated version. Overall, I still really like the case.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I always liked the Phantom line, it was different, but still kinda classy. Then I saw the H440, and liked what they did there with the bottom half, hiding all the psu wiring etc. Then there's my old CoolerMaster 690 II Advanced which also has a removable plastic top, and thats where my rad sits, totally invisible. So you take all the things I like about some cases, mix'm'up in 2 case, and I'd say this one's a winner for looks at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS