[SOLVED] Silverstone PSU cables ?

Aug 18, 2019
Hi I have a questions in regards to the Power Supply that I have,

I have a Silverstone 600Watts Modular PSU, I have the rest of the cables but I don't have the Molex cable and the RGB Fans that I have has no power, I ordered only for a 1 PCIE 6pin with 3 Molex Cable but it says for corsair doesn't specify any model or so, can I use this cable on a Silverstone PSU that I have?

and the cables that is specific for Silverstone is really expensive and doesn't sell the Molex cable it is bundled.

and as a temporary I purchased a 6pin to SATA Power Male and a female SATA to Molex, I inserted the 6pin to SATA Female directly to the PSU and plugged the Male SATA and connected the Molex to the RGB Molex connector it doesn't light up. any ideas why?

and a 600Watts Modular PSU can this still work on recent GPU?

Solution

I have a Silverstone 600Watts Modular PSU, I have the rest of the cables but I don't have the Molex cable and the RGB Fans that I have has no power, I ordered only for a 1 PCIE 6pin with 3 Molex Cable but it says for corsair doesn't specify any model or so, can I use this cable on a Silverstone PSU that I have?

and the cables that is specific for Silverstone is really expensive and doesn't sell the Molex cable it is bundled.

and as a temporary I purchased a 6pin to SATA Power Male and a female SATA to Molex, I inserted the 6pin to SATA Female directly to the PSU and plugged the Male SATA and connected the Molex to the RGB Molex connector it doesn't light up. any...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

and as a temporary I purchased a 6pin to SATA Power Male and a female SATA to Molex, I inserted the 6pin to SATA Female directly to the PSU and plugged the Male SATA and connected the Molex to the RGB Molex connector it doesn't light up. any ideas why?

and a 600Watts Modular PSU can this still work on recent GPU?

Modular power cables are not universal, but proprietary to the manufacturer of the PSU. The pinouts are very different on the sides that connect to the modular power supplies, depending on who makes the PSU. If the pinouts are wrong, either nothing will happen or even worse, you can fry anything that's connected to it.

You need to either get modular power cables that are designed to work with your exact model of Silverstone PSU or you need a new PSU.

Solution
Aug 18, 2019