SilverStone Releases The SX-800-LTI, Its Strongest SFX PSU To Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinsua

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
Wow 800W in SFX-L format is very impressive indeed! However, with GPUs getting more efficient every generation I don't see the need for that much power in such a small form factor.

Im in the same boat as you sinsua.

Its impressive for the wattage and size, although being that these are meant for sff systems, I really dont see the need for sfx PSU over 600 watts.

@SHRAPNEL_INDIE
Well for pricing it certainlly going to be above $150 (current price of the 700w version) as for the length of warranty, this is common length period from them (3 years) for the the SFX psu and in fact for most of there psu (the only got a handful of 5 year psu).

http://www.silverstonetek.com/warranty.php?area=en

I can say that my silverstone 600w sfx psu (v1.0) is still operating fine with almost 2 years under its belt.

Yeah, unfortunately SFX does cost extra $$$... Just wish more warranties would reflect more of the 5, 7, 10 year variety of the full size units. But, as I said, test results will be my deciding factor on it.

That would be about the only use case is dual gpu cards. Although I dont know any small cases where you would need a sfx psu while having dual gpus.

At that point, your looking at matx cases that support the big ATX psu's that are far cheaper. Then again im always happy to be proven wrong in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.