Silverstone Shows Off Two More Cases At CES Including Tiny Mini-ITX RVZ02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutfij

Titan
G,
you and me both! There's something about the side panel - GPU ventilation area that screams: "mod me!"

rayden54,
on a matx platform/chassis you are actually seeing about 16TB of storage when you factor in 2TB of WD's Green laptop drive which is quite impressive for its size especially since the TJ08-E managed to get 5 3.5" drives in there. Most people who modded them were able to do away with the drive cage and had their 2.5" drives under the mobo mounted on the mobo tray and the case floor.

^ Only natural for Silverstone to take note from its user base.

Innocent_Bystander

Honorable
May 2, 2013
If the description is accurate they did away with the 3.5" hard drive support, which is unfortunate. It would have been nice to fit a 4TB WD Black in there beside the SSD for some serious storage. The previous version had that, this should have too. Otherwise, it looks awesome as always.

subtec

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
@Innocent_Bystander

The RVZ02 is 50% smaller than the RVZ01, an already cramped case. Why would you expect it not to give up anything in the process? If you want the old one's features, buy the old one. This isn't meant to replace it; it's meant for those that want something smaller.

Splatoon

Honorable
May 3, 2012
I just finished building a new rig in the RVZ01 a few weeks ago, and as an enthusiastic layman I salute those who go for the slimmed down version!

g-unit1111

Titan

That is pretty sweet. I've been checking out builds here and on PC Part Picker using that case. I'd love to do a build like that but lack the funds to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.