Review Silverstone Sugo 14 Review: 100% Practicality and Thermals

"classic 5.25-inch optical drive – when’s the last time you saw that?"

Silverstone understands what the case might actually be used for? I have three HTPCs, all in Silverstone cases all with optical drives. If you use a PC as a media machine you may actually want to play DVDs / BluRays in it. Just a thought.

"classic 5.25-inch optical drive – when’s the last time you saw that?"

Silverstone understands what the case might actually be used for? I have three HTPCs, all in Silverstone cases all with optical drives. If you use a PC as a media machine you may actually want to play DVDs / BluRays in it. Just a thought.

I use mine for the DVD copy of San Andreas so I still have the radio stations... Finished a playthrough over Christmas

Reactions: Mr5oh

Glock24

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2014
"Against:
Looks plain"

I'll count that as a pro, not everything needs RGB LEDs or flashy tribal decorations or funky colors. Plain is nice, plain is elegant.

Reactions: GenericUser

Giroro

Splendid
This seems like a good case that I would consider for a mini ITX build.
But the "U3, U2" labeling on the front USB rubs me the wrong way a bit. That's not really normal, so it makes me wonder "what else isn't normal".
It's like buying Ikea furniture, where everything is almost right, but still just a little bit off". For example the 'PC gaming' desk I bought at Ikea with a computer shelf that is about half an inch too short to fit 90% of the popular mid-tower cases on the market, even though they had room to easily make the shelf 2 inches taller and fit almost everything.
A mini itx case would fit the desk, though.

LaminarFlow

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2016
When I was shopping for an ITX case last year, one of the hopes (as I realized I can't realistically having it as a requirement) is having a 5.25 bay for my BD drive which I use to rip UHD movies on a semi-frequent bases. I couldn't find any and settled for an NZXT H1. H1 has the added benefit of being shallow but tall, which fits on my desk better. Had this case been available, I would definitely considered it for the 5.25 bay alone.

H1 is a fine case by itself. It's a shame I have the fire hazard problem to worry about....