Silverstone TJ09 Question

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
I have a SS TJ09 recently I decided to upgrade all the fans in the case to higher air flow fans. The Silverstone fans are nice and quiet but they do not push a high amount of air. But my problem is I can't find a way to remove the mid fan in the case (fan that is designed to cool video cards) I have taken apart almost all of the front of it with no luck. There has to be an easier way to do this, that i am just not seeing. It almost looks like i have to disassemble over half the case to remove this one fan. I was wondering if anyone else has this case and has figured out how to remove/change this fan with an easier way. Any help would be appreciate thanks a head of time.

Stewartwi

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006
I too am interested in this question as well. Was just about to order me a TJ09 and would love to know if that's possible. I'm sure you could somehow force it out of there but no need to brute it out if there is an easier way.

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
That is exactly my thoughts too. You could probably brute it out or disassemble over half the case but i would really like to find out if there is an easier way. I have found no luck after searching Google for an hour or so about this. It just pains me to take apart this case with the cost of it as high as it is lol :lol:

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
I so hope you are right Cook. I plan on trying to give them a call hopefully i can reach someone it is a little bit easier trying to describe what i am trying to do on the phone. But if i am unable to reach anyone i am going to take your advice and send them an e-mail. I am starting to think i should have stuck with my first choice of case the TJ07. It is a little more expensive but it also comes fully loaded with all its fans included and and the same features as the TJ09 from what i can see from reading MINUS the mid fan that i am trying to change. But the TJ07 is 35mm taller but 40mm shorter in depth compared to the TJ09 which with video cards becoming as big as they are we are going to need all the depth we can get. Plz don't think i am trying to talk you out of this getting the TJ09 it is a killer case truly better then the reviews made it sound. With lots of interior room that i love, i hate working in a cramped case. I will keep you all updated on what i found out from Silverstone tomm when i try to contact them.

ZOldDude

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2006
First of all thank you for the info which i already knew. But the Silverstone TJ09 does NOT come with those fans from the manafucatar. It comes with

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999346

These fans only push 53.24 CFM which is low for 120 fans IMO. I am running TT fans which are pushing 78 CFM which is much better and at less DBs.

http://www.xoxide.com/thunderblade4.html

Don't worry about the intake fan at all.
Remove the exit fan grill cover on the case and install a Silverstone FM-121.

I have a Coolermaster Stacker TO-1 with only 2 fans in the case (besides the small top fan that is a joke).
1)Stock 120mm intake fan in the HD unit.
2)FM-121 for an exit fan (no case fan guard for 100% exit airflow)

I have them set inline with each other so the air in/out is inline and airflow is not "swirled" around in the case,yet move air accross the HD's/PWMIC/CPU/RAM.

With an Optron 146 OC'ed to 2.950Ghz (a 50% OC) and a SI-120 cooler I run 2C over room temps.

Proper airflow does not need more than 2 fans and can cool things as well as any non-chilled watercooled system.

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
OK srry guys for the long delay in getting back to you. I finally got a hold of Silverstone and followed there instructions. Here is there response through e-mail

"there are only four screws that you need to removed the mid section where the fan is , those four screws are on the deep corners of this mid section once you removed those four screws you can now easy replace your fan"

There are four screws on the outer edges of the inside metal piece. Simply slide out MB tray you should not have to full remove it but just slide it out then use a small screw driver to slide in each of the little holes and unscrew the screw on the inside attacking the fans casing to the case. Once that is done the whole metal fan housing will be removable. You can then remove the 2 screws from the top and bottom of the housing. You then at that point can remove the actual 4 screws holding the fan in place and replace the fan then reassemble the whole thing. Took me about 30mins to do. Well that and i was cleaning everything. Also be careful when putting the fan housing back on the case the holes you have to slide the screw driver in to deattach it are very deep so you will want to make sure all the screws are in place before you start trying to put it back together. Hope this helps some. Case temps have dropped somewhat i will be more sure when i have some time to game on my computer.

cookin

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Thanks for getting back to us with the solution. Not that I was going to replace the mid-case fan, but knowing how is always good. The TJ09 is now back at the top of my list of items to purchase in the next month or so.