SilverStone's Mini-ITX Raven RVZ01 Pictured Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodroses75

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
Emailed them when they announced it last time. Awaiting for this case to be released so they can get my money and I can use it for my almost finished computer build. :)

ampy60

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
If only it accommodated a full size graphics card. This is basically the layout I want that doesn't seem to be available anywhere else.

Some sacrifice the size of the power, others sacrifice the size of the GPU.

I don't want to have to sacrifice either of those components, since the only reason I'd need a full-sized PSU is to power my full-sized GPU.

PSU companies need to come up with a way to make a smaller 550W PSU with as close to 45A on the 12V rail for a Mini-ITX machine so we can drop a GTX 780 or an R9 290x in it and run a CPU with a higher power requirement such as a 4770K on a mini-itx platform.

Imagine the possibilities in a mini-ITX setup if the PSUs were smaller or somehow external like a power brick?

Would there be a need such a thing as a game console if we could do something like this?

It certainly looks like there is more space for a longer card above the HDD cage, I wouldn't be surprised if it can accommodate most dual-slot graphics cards, period. Seems like Silverstone saves the "Raven" moniker for the crazy-ass cases (I like the one with 3 180mm intake fans mounted on bottom.)

jupebobpete

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
On their Facebook it is indicated that this will indeed hold full size graphics cards. Looking like a very nice option for a compact full power rig.

If it does offer this capability, it's definitely a highlight that should be mentioned in an article about a case like this.

Jgriff

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
Looking like Silverstones first steam box case, nice. Can't wait to see what Fractal Design whips up for theirs..the node 304 is near flawless IMO, but if they could somehow slim it down that'd be amazing.

Right, but such sacrifices are usually reinforced by the limited cooling and airflow in these smaller cases ( Tiki notwithstanding. ) I'm not saying it's impossible to cool an OC'd 780 Ti and i7 in an ITX case, but it usually takes some pretty specialized parts to do it ( again, the Tiki. ) That's a really niche market.

bloodroses75

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
While I do like the SG08, the biggest thing is it is cube shaped; which not everyone is into. As for blower style cooling needed for the video card, Silverstone had stated that they are not necessary in a previous article I had read about the case.

bloodroses75

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
I do know if they don't hurry up and release this case, I may be looking at the new Azza Z case featured in the valve steam prototype article on toms. It all depends on who comes out first w/o any unseen compatibility issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS