Silverstone's New $500+ Behemoth Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
They totally need to make this case more expensive. Here is how: Add those Dyson bladeless fans to replace all the conventional ones in the case. At 200-300 bux a pop, this could quickly and efficiently increase the cost of this case, while minimally but still detectably improving its performance, slightly, at the same time...

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Cool, but $500? Really!? I could build a decent machine for $500.Maybe if it was in the $120-$180 range, but $500.... no.[/citation]
Nah, brah! You are missing the point. This is about being the best around. Nothings ever gonna keep it down. The best, around. Nothings ever gonna keep it down!

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
They probably had to pay licensing fees to apple for the aluminum unibody design... Hence the $500 price tag...

Because clearly this technology never invented by the auto industry to make aluminum engines for the Ford Taurus back in the 1980's... :rolleyes

A fourth quarter release date and 500$ price tag for something which more or less resembles a contemporary desktop full tower.! Why not integrate the case with one of the strider line PSU's.. That'll definitely crank up the hype and then even a 600$ price tag will sound worthy..

backin5

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
The Raven series failed to deliver the anticipated cooling advantage of having the graphics cards blowing their hot air up.

Hopefully this new case will succeed where Raven failed, however with a 500$ price tag, most people won't buy it.

G

I guarantee you my CM Storm Sniper has better airflow and more room inside to work with, at half the price!

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ohhai500bucks[/nom]I guarantee you my CM Storm Sniper has better airflow and more room inside to work with, at half the price![/citation]
less than half price

AMW1011

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Luscious[/nom]No case is worth that price if it cannot accommodate a quad radiator.[/citation]

It looks exactly like the TJ07, just with slightly different fan lay out. The TJ07 can accommodate a quad radiator so this should too, but it also costs $150 less...

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Interesting board positioning, I wonder how the top exhaust for video cards helps temps. I think I still prefer desktop style cases where the board is horizontally mounted. Having recently switched back (mountain mods extended ascension with horizon mount) I am finding it really nice to work on after many many years in tower style cases.

Arethel

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
I think the price sounds about right though, considering what it's made out of. If it's all milled out of aluminum, that's very expensive. All of the component mounts are probably of high quality. The fans are probably premium fans. The tolerances of all the parts are probably very tight.

I know Cooler Master has some $600 cases that are very nice, as does Lian Li. If you have no intentions of ever spending that much on a case then so be it. You're probably the wiser bunch.

Only thing is though, Toms says that this is a "hernia inducing" design, but I was hoping/assuming that maybe it would be lighter than it looks.

eylee86

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
what they needed to do was to take fortress 2 and improve all the mistakes: make top cover and front panel cover less flimsy looking, put more space between 5.25'' inch bay and the motherboard. make hard drive bays look like something lian-li/corsair 600t uses(not with some cheap plastic parts). if some of the complaints were fixed, i'd be willing to spend $300($50 more than current) for FT2. that case looks like something made from cheap company like inwin.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Did they hand out LCD to people before letting them read this article?? The case looks pretty sweet. I don't like the multiple drive bays on the front, they look wiggly. But, other wise.. a nice, solid case is hard to come by. I won't be buying this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS