[SOLVED] Similar Monitor Alternatives before i buy?

Jun 15, 2020
Im looking for a new monitor with a nvidia gpu. I saw the Dell S3220DGF2 -
  • 165Hz refresh rate
  • FreeSync 2 HDR
  • 1440p
  • 32" VA panel
For $450 tops

Anyone recommend a better monitor than this? I do have nvidia gpu which is one downside i see and the high ms with 1440p hdr on but for the price im not sure if this is expected or not.

I mainly want a 1440p, good response for CS games + others for visuals. I look straight on dont care for viewing angle as much than i do response timing / quality. something that will last me few years within $500 budget/range Cheaper is always better. Im coming from 1080p IPS Acer +/dell

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
This is an extremely bad time to buying expensive hardware. EVERYTHING is tremendously overpriced right now because supply has been almost nil for the last two months. If you can wait another two weeks to a month, you can probably get a very good monitor for about 150-200 dollars less than what they are going for right now.

For example, this monitor, cost me 299.00 a while back and was still that price around Christmas. It is probably the one you want. Many of us have this model and it is superb if you get it around 350 or less. Right now it is going for 550.00, which is just ridiculous, just like everything else right now, if you can even FIND it.

This is an extremely bad time to buying expensive hardware. EVERYTHING is tremendously overpriced right now because supply has been almost nil for the last two months. If you can wait another two weeks to a month, you can probably get a very good monitor for about 150-200 dollars less than what they are going for right now.

For example, this monitor, cost me 299.00 a while back and was still that price around Christmas. It is probably the one you want. Many of us have this model and it is superb if you get it around 350 or less. Right now it is going for 550.00, which is just ridiculous, just like everything else right now, if you can even FIND it.

Solution
Jun 15, 2020

wOW didnt know there was that huge of a price increase in monitors! Thanks for the info! Ill def hold off if this monitor has been bought for 300.