[SOLVED] Similar monitor to ASUS ROG PG27UQ that looks "normal" and costs less?

Sep 10, 2019
Am thinking of having such a monitor in a non-gaming focused (but occasionally gaming) set-up, doesn't have to have as high refresh-rate, but it's preferable if does have over 60hz. Size-wise, preferably 24"/27" (not too big that you can't see it all from normal viewing distance).
There are so many monitors from so many companies, I could use the help from people who've been keeping up with that stuff.
BTW I appreciate the helpful presence here in general. And hope I could get help find a potential monitor.
Edit: To make it easier - 4K, good HDR, high color accuracy, G-Sync/Freesync, not much halo effect around bright stuff

Last edited:
Solution
Guess its a no go for you but I believe currently this is as close you can get to the Asus PG27UQ or the Acer X27. From where I am from, the brand new Acer XB273kp sells for less than half of the Asus PG27UQ.
Sep 10, 2019
I didn't know about it and it does fit most things I mentioned.
But it's a pretty low nit HDR monitor, I don't prefer hz over image quality, and also I prefer not having the word predator on a low key setup - so it doesn't seem like a fit.
I'd also appreciate any other suggestions.

Superlp12

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2013
Guess its a no go for you but I believe currently this is as close you can get to the Asus PG27UQ or the Acer X27. From where I am from, the brand new Acer XB273kp sells for less than half of the Asus PG27UQ.

Solution