Similar Motherboards Like Intel DH55TC

Sagar Kishore

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015
Hi guys! I am currently using the Intel DH55TC mboard and the sad thing about this board is that it is not accepting a new udimm 4b 1333 frq ddr3 ram that i bought. I want to buy a new mboard wid similar specs so that i can use the new ram along with my old one. The old ram is 4gb too. Same company same frequency but pretty old and it says only dimm on it. But I have used both these ram at once in my friend's mboard and it worked just fine. I'm using R7 250X 1gb ddr5 gcard. Can you guys suggest me few mboards with similar specs so that I can use both my RAMs and gcard without any problems. My processor is i3 3.2GHz. At the moment I don't have access to my PC so I can't give you guys more info about the processor. Thanks in advance!

Solution

You can't use a amd motherboard with a intel processor, so using the exact same motherboard is not an option.
One possibility to make things work is to increase the ram voltage using the bios. If that does not...
Some motherboards are sensitive to disparate ram sticks.
My suggestion is that you should return your ram and buy a supported ram kit of suitable capacity for your motherboard. It should be cheaper and is guaranteed to work.
Go to a ram vendor web site and access their ram selection app.
Enter your motherboard and you will get a list of supported kits.

Sagar Kishore

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015

Thanks for the suggestion but could you please suggest a mboard instead. I can't return the new RAM that I've bought :/

Look on ebay for a used motherboard exactly like your friend's motherboard that worked.
You may find one.

But, if you want new, a new motherboard will cost you much more than a compatible ram kit.
One should check compatibility BEFORE you buy.

The old and the new modules may have the same part number, but are they the same? The old module probably has 16 ICs and the new one only 8 ICs. You tested them in your friend's PC, but he most likely has a newer motherboard. Buying another H55 or P55 motherboard won't resolve your issue; you need to buy a compatible memory module.

Sagar Kishore

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015

Yes not checking the compatibility was a mistake. Well his motherboard is AMD one and my processor is Intel i3. Will it not affect the performance in some way? If so other than an Intel motherboard which other company motherboards are compatible with an Intel processor?

If your i3 is socket 1156, then no motherboard will support high density 4 GB modules; they all use an Intel x55 chipset (I have the same issue with an Asus P7P55D-E LX). Your issue is not the motherboard, it's the memory module. Order a compatible module or a new kit like G.Skill F3-10666CL9D-8GBNT.

Sagar Kishore

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015

Hmmm so if I buy an older model RAM like the one I'm using already it should work huh?

You can't use a amd motherboard with a intel processor, so using the exact same motherboard is not an option.
One possibility to make things work is to increase the ram voltage using the bios. If that does not work, dump/sell your current ram and buy a supported kit.
Ram is relatively cheap and will cost less than a new motherboard.

Solution

The OP tested his RAM in an AMD motherboard to make sure it isn't defective. Increasing voltage can't help when the issue is the chipset that doesn't support high density modules.

TRENDING THREADS