[SOLVED] Similar photos, degree of similarity

ytayta

Reputable
May 30, 2017
What application for Windows do you recommend - it can be console, to determine the degree of similarity between photos to rule out too similar?
And how well do you assess the algorithms used, can you trust such apps?

Solution
To automate the process as you describe and require seems viable.

Google "photo image digital duplicate comparison software" then refine the search criteria to narrow down the options.

Limit the search to the last year or so. There will be many resulting links anyway.

Example:

https://fixthephoto.com/best-image-comparison-software.html

You can establish the algorithms or "sensitivity" with respect to similarity and then confirm/chose/delete etc. each photograph as you wish.

Take advantage of free trials to test the apps you chose.

Be wary of any "free trials" that want a credit card number or some form of payment up front.

Ralston18

Titan
What applications have you investigated or otherwise evaluated?

What criteria is being used to determine "trust"?

Your post/question seems to be very much a homework question.

My suggestion is that you first post your thoughts and your answer/recommendations along with any applicable references and citations.

Forum rules prohibit doing homework.

ytayta

Reputable
May 30, 2017
None because I have not found such. It's about a normal application, not writing your algorithm -.- I have a large collection of photos (several thousand), and some are very similar. So I'd like to get rid of them. And I do not want to do it manually.

And the criteria, I do not know, there are certainly some possibilities of determining the degree of similarity - after all, the program can show what it considers to be similar and I only confirm whether it is right.

Do you know such applications or not?

Ralston18

Titan
To automate the process as you describe and require seems viable.

Google "photo image digital duplicate comparison software" then refine the search criteria to narrow down the options.

Limit the search to the last year or so. There will be many resulting links anyway.

Example:

https://fixthephoto.com/best-image-comparison-software.html

You can establish the algorithms or "sensitivity" with respect to similarity and then confirm/chose/delete etc. each photograph as you wish.

Take advantage of free trials to test the apps you chose.

Be wary of any "free trials" that want a credit card number or some form of payment up front.

Solution