Question Similar unresponsive input issue in different games?

Nercis

Honorable
Jun 8, 2014
Don't know where to start but I played Remnant from the ashes on steam with a wireless xbox one controller and RB stopped working.
For those who don't know what Remnant is? It's more or less Dark souls with guns. Instead of magic you have weapon mods, grenade launchers, turrets, shields, which you activate with RB on a controller or F on keyboard. It isn't input lag, the buttons just doesn't respond.

Played coop with a friend and everything worked normal until a boss fight. Before we entered boss room, I changed mods on my weapons but I couldn't activate them during the boss fight, my friend could use his mods like normal.
At first I thought there was something wrong with the controller, a worn xbox one v1 controller.
We died on the boss and I switch to my newer xbox one v2 controller, but it has drift issue that make the camera look up by itself. But RB did not work on it either, so I tested F on the keyboard but it didn't work either.
We defeated the boss and I exited to the main menu and re-joined my friend again, now both F and RB all of a sudden works again?

Today I started playing The saboteur on gog, and the same problem happened here. You throw grenades with RB or Q on keyboard.
It says very clearly that I have 4/5 grenades but I can't use them with neither controller nor keyboard.
I buy a grenade so I have 5/5 grenades and now I can throw grenades again with both controller and keyboard? Even when I've run out of grenades and picked up a new one, it works.

I don't know if it's a coincidence? But a similar problem happens in two different games from two different launchers, that feels a bit strange to me? Will test other games.
However, the controls are a bit wonky in the saboteur, you have to copy-paste a few things in the input template file to make the xbox controller work correctly but that doesn't explain why I could use grenades by just buying one?

I Have searched the PC with malwarebytes and ms defender but they can't find anything.
All drivers are up to date.

PC specs:
Win10 64 home
1920x1080 60hz
Motherboard MSI Z77 MPower (MS-7751)
CPU i5-3570K 3.40
8GB RAM
GPU AMD RX 580 4gb

elmotaipale160

Commendable
Nov 3, 2018
Don't know where to start but I played Remnant from the ashes on steam with a wireless xbox one controller and RB stopped working.
For those who don't know what Remnant is? It's more or less Dark souls with guns. Instead of magic you have weapon mods, grenade launchers, turrets, shields, which you activate with RB on a controller or F on keyboard. It isn't input lag, the buttons just doesn't respond.

Played coop with a friend and everything worked normal until a boss fight. Before we entered boss room, I changed mods on my weapons but I couldn't activate them during the boss fight, my friend could use his mods like normal.
At first I thought there was something wrong with the controller, a worn xbox one v1 controller.
We died on the boss and I switch to my newer xbox one v2 controller, but it has drift issue that make the camera look up by itself. But RB did not work on it either, so I tested F on the keyboard but it didn't work either.
We defeated the boss and I exited to the main menu and re-joined my friend again, now both F and RB all of a sudden works again?

Today I started playing The saboteur on gog, and the same problem happened here. You throw grenades with RB or Q on keyboard.
It says very clearly that I have 4/5 grenades but I can't use them with neither controller nor keyboard.
I buy a grenade so I have 5/5 grenades and now I can throw grenades again with both controller and keyboard? Even when I've run out of grenades and picked up a new one, it works.

I don't know if it's a coincidence? But a similar problem happens in two different games from two different launchers, that feels a bit strange to me? Will test other games.
However, the controls are a bit wonky in the saboteur, you have to copy-paste a few things in the input template file to make the xbox controller work correctly but that doesn't explain why I could use grenades by just buying one?

I Have searched the PC with malwarebytes and ms defender but they can't find anything.
All drivers are up to date.

PC specs:
Win10 64 home
1920x1080 60hz
Motherboard MSI Z77 MPower (MS-7751)
CPU i5-3570K 3.40
8GB RAM
GPU AMD RX 580 4gb
Are you sure that it's your pc and not your controller?