SIMM vs DIMM

DIMM has 2 notch in the board with shape like "^" so it can not be
mistaken when you want to inseart it in the memory slot. However, the
SIMM it has only one notch "^" and this divide the SIMM into 2 equal
parts.. My question, in SIMM case it looks like I can insearted in the
mother board in either way..

see this picture please
http://www.macstuff.nl/img/support/dimm-simm-vergelijking.gif

esara wrote:

> DIMM has 2 notch in the board with shape like "^" so it can not be
> mistaken when you want to inseart it in the memory slot. However, the
> SIMM it has only one notch "^" and this divide the SIMM into 2 equal
> parts.. My question, in SIMM case it looks like I can insearted in the
> mother board in either way..
>
> see this picture please
> http://www.macstuff.nl/img/support/dimm-simm-vergelijking.gif

No, because they're notched on (only) one end.

esara wrote:

> DIMM has 2 notch in the board with shape like "^" so it can not be
> mistaken when you want to inseart it in the memory slot. However, the
> SIMM it has only one notch "^" and this divide the SIMM into 2 equal
> parts.. My question, in SIMM case it looks like I can insearted in the
> mother board in either way..
>
> see this picture please
> http://www.macstuff.nl/img/support/dimm-simm-vergelijking.gif

..

SIMMs are notched on one end. In your picture, you can see the notch on
the left end.

TRENDING THREADS