Simple games dropping frames, CPU and GPU are at minimal usage but "High Power Usage" on Task Manager

Dec 18, 2018
I recently built a new high end PC since my old one was just about dead, and along side that I bought myself a 240hz monitor. I usually play simple rhythm games or shooters that aren't demanding at all such as Osu!, Geometry Dash, Etterna or CS:GO. On my old computer these games ran flawlessly with no issues at 144hz but this new build seems to be giving me problems regarding frame drops in the same games with the same settings. One game I find particularly strange is Geometry Dash, it runs fine at 240hz for the most part but seems to drop frames and lag spike consistently even though not often. Granted, the game is still running on 32bit, but my old PC had the same OS as this new one (Windows 10 Home) and it ran the game perfectly. Upon inspecting Task Manager I could see that the game was taking up minimal amounts of my CPU and GPU but for some reason it was still on "Very High - Power Usage". I tested this on other games like Osu!, which is a very simple rhythm game which takes nearly nothing at all to run, and it was listed exactly the same in Task Manager, "Very High - Power Usage". (Even though it drops frames less than in other games).

My New Rig:

NZXT - H500 Mid-Tower Case
Palit - Geforce RTX 2070
AMD - Ryzen7 2700x (Stock Cooler)
16GB Corsair DDR4 RAM
Gigabyte - Aorus B450 Pro Motherboard
Corsair 750w 80PLUS Bronze Standard Semi-Modular
Western Digital Blue - 1TB
Kingston - 120GB SSD

1920x1080, 240hz

My Old Rig:

Acer Predator G3-710 (Pre-Built)

Generic Acer Predator G3-710 Case
AMD - r9 360
Intel Core - i5-6400
Generic Brand - 8GB 2133mhz DDR4 RAM
Generic Brand - 255x255 Kaby Lake Motherboard
Generic Brand - 500w 80PLUS Bronze Power Supply
Western Digital Blue - 1TB

1920x1080, 144hz

Things I have tried:

Updating GPU drivers,
Checking if any of my cores are parked,
Setting games to "high priority" or "realtime" in Task Manager,
Setting various launch options for the games on Steam
Changing power usage settings on windows to "high performance"

Neither my GPU and CPU ever go above 65 degrees and like I said, these easy to run games take up very little of my CPU/GPU/Memory

I think it's also worth mentioning that I have a friend who has a build which is less powerful than mine but also has a 240hz monitor and can run the same simple games perfectly with no frame drops.