Simple GPU motherboard question

ledaque

Reputable
Mar 30, 2015
Hello, I have a rather simple question. Would my GPU (Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB) fit on a motherboard GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-S2 RETAIL? I ask because my GPU is really big (takes 2 spaces) and I am not sure if it will fit on that motherboard because of that pin or whatever it is below the slot. Maybe it's too tall and won't let the card enter.

Here is pictures of my GPU and the motherboard:

PER.526940_1.jpg

6950-1gb.jpg

Solution

Correct. One thing that you didn't mention is what case this is going into. Some Small Form Factor (SFF) case Might not accommodate that card. A standard atx or micro atx case should be fine.

SubZeroFlsh

Honorable
Aug 6, 2014
Yes, that should fit fine. They are both PCIe 2.0 so as long as your case is a good size. You should have no problem installing this.

If the card is heavy because of it's size, be careful when installing, and make sure the motherboard is tightly seated inside your case.

Hope this helps!

If the pin you are referring to is that thing at the end of the blue PCI-e slot, that is a locking tab and i WILL fit over the little tab at the rear of your cards PCI-e connection: that little L shaped tab. Your card won't be perfectly centered, there will be a bit more to the back(inside) of the case then towards the rear panel.

ledaque

Reputable
Mar 30, 2015

It won't be centered, but will fit though as I understand it, right?

Correct. One thing that you didn't mention is what case this is going into. Some Small Form Factor (SFF) case Might not accommodate that card. A standard atx or micro atx case should be fine.

Solution