Simple Qustion on ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeftonicD

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
So, as of TODAY (8/4/2012) i bought the ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 Mobo and a AND FX-4170 CPU. Only question I have is, will I need to Update/Flash Bios or will it run just fine as is? Let me know.

Thanks.

-D

Solution
The first BIOS for that board is revision 0503 and the one that you need for the 4170 (and most of the other FX CPU's) IS a newer BIOS than that, BUT, I would imagine that since you JUST bought the board, it'll already have the BIOS that you need on it (AND it should even have the newest BIOS, revision 1208 because that BIOS was released in May. The BIOS that you need was released in December of last year, BTW).

Bottom line, I think you'll be just fine (no need to update the BIOS).
The first BIOS for that board is revision 0503 and the one that you need for the 4170 (and most of the other FX CPU's) IS a newer BIOS than that, BUT, I would imagine that since you JUST bought the board, it'll already have the BIOS that you need on it (AND it should even have the newest BIOS, revision 1208 because that BIOS was released in May. The BIOS that you need was released in December of last year, BTW).

Bottom line, I think you'll be just fine (no need to update the BIOS).

Solution

DeftonicD

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011

Ah, Ok. Well then that's good to hear. Though if I I do have any problems I'll let you guys know. Thanks for the quick reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.