Question Simplest way to boost my HP Z440 workstation for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2023
Hello,

I am looking for the simplest and most affordable way to boost my HP Z440 Workstation to support modern gaming workloads.

Currently it has an NVIDIA Quadro K420 and Xeon CPU E5-1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6 Core processor and 64 GB RAM, which is basically the stock build (except for the RAM). It has a 700W PSU. All components are nearly a decade old.

I want to play a game (Red Dead Redemption 2), but the graphics/performance right now is killing me. The minimum requirement for the game is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2 GB / AMD Radeon R9 280. Preferably I could exceed the minimum requirements.

I am not particularly skilled with hardware, so looking for a simple component swap if it's possible. I know there are considerations around power, CPU, and GPU compatibility, but I don't really know where to start. Any guidance (and specific parts to buy) would be a huge help!

I'm considering the NVIDIA Quadro M5000 (used).

Budget is flexible, GPU purchase location is flexible.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

What is the PSU in your workstation at this moment of time and how old is the unit in the prebuilt? You will also need to mention the title that you want to play on your workstation, the budget you have set aside for your GPU purchase, where you're located(?) and what your preferred site for purchase for the GPU is(?).

Jan 3, 2023
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

What is the PSU in your workstation at this moment of time and how old is the unit in the prebuilt? You will also need to mention the title that you want to play on your workstation, the budget you have set aside for your GPU purchase, where you're located(?) and what your preferred site for purchase for the GPU is(?).

Thanks, I updated the question with these details.

Status
Not open for further replies.