Simpletech Simpleshare question

lunarc

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Hey forum peeps! I have owned this 250 gig simpleshare NAS for around 7 months and i have never really needed to create a user share, but now that i do...i see that after i click on create user "User Management Not Enabled" is al i see and i do not see a way to "enable" that option, any tips would be much appreciated.

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
I have Snap NAS boxes. I have found it easier to do right click on the share and create a new folder. Then go into the admin and change user rights and owner ship. Just make sure everyone has read access to the root, or they will be able to gain access to the newly created folder/share.

You may want to re-check your access rights. Generally if an option is grayed out, excess denied. You may have users rights but not admin. I have several user ID's and only one has admin access. My normal id gives me user rights to all section that I normally access.

lunarc

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
That is the pain of it all, the Simpleshare box comes with a admin login by default. When i login with the default admin login and password. It seems like the software could be jacked up, in the TH review here he mentions that he could add and subtract users and assign them access to specific folders. I do not have that feature.

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
Is there a way to reset the nas back to factoy settings. On the snap there is a reset cmd to clear/reset the admin pw back to factory.
You may try a re-boot, if something is hungup it may clear.

TRENDING THREADS