Status
Not open for further replies.

System32_76

Commendable
Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone!

Recently, I've been looking for some type of software that allows me to create a customized version of a Linux distro along with my settings and tweaks made to it.

In my case for multiple computers, what I've been currently doing has been a two-step process:
#1 - I deploy a fresh install of Linux Mint onto a PC separately with a flash drive.
#2 - I start up Clonezilla on another device and load the golden system image/snapshot of Mint with my settings and configurations that I set.

I'd like to be able to integrate these steps into one process and make the whole thing simpler.

Solution
Step 1: Build your "golden" system.
Step 2: Image with your favorite imaging tool, creating an image file somewhere in your personal cloud.
Step 3: Image as many machines as you wish from that "golden" image.

This is how it's been done for decades.

Dump Clonezilla, it's a leftover from a bygone era.
Step 2: Image with your favorite imaging tool, creating an image file somewhere in your personal cloud.

Solution

System32_76

Commendable
Jul 29, 2019

Thank you!

System32_76

Commendable
Jul 29, 2019

So when it comes to making the Windows image, I don't need to use Sysprep or MDT? A lot of peoples' videos on YouTube show, complicatedly, how to make the image with tools I haven't heard of or used before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS