jamie

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2002

Whenever I try starting Sims 2, it will start, but then
come up with the message "Graphics Adapter had an
internal error, contact manufacturer for tech support".
What's this mean and how do I fix it?

Jamie wrote:

> Whenever I try starting Sims 2, it will start, but then
> come up with the message "Graphics Adapter had an
> internal error, contact manufacturer for tech support".
> What's this mean and how do I fix it?

You probably need a better graphics card. But you may get by with
updated drivers for the current card. Run DXDiag and see if it
complains of uncertified drivers; try lowering graphics hardware
acceleration, etc.. Also look at the computer manufacturer site and the
graphics card manufacturer site for different drivers. Try upgrades,
reference drivers, and drivers for other model cards till you find one
that works. Do a search at http://groups.google.com entering the game
and graphics card model for more suggestions.

Look for drivers and utilities at these sites:

http://www.guru3d.com/
http://www.reactorcritical.com/download.shtml
http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=3&faq=7&Search=
http://www.voodoofiles.com/