1.5 GB Memory
GeForce Go 6200 / Radeon mobile 9600
128 MB Graphics RAM

Vista (Service Pack 1)
Pentium IV 2.4 GHz / Athlon XP 2400+
2.0 GB Memory
GeForce Go 6200 / Radeon mobile 9600
128 MB Graphics RAM

So unfortunately, your RAM doesn't meet even the minimum requirements. May I suggest you head over to the Motherboards & Memory section and ask the community what are great update options for your memory and graphics card (if required)? Be sure to list the detailed specs of your current computer! :)

r_manic

Administrator
I'm guessing his max memory is 2GB, so it's a simple matter of adding more.

He might have to upgrade his graphics as well. Assuming it's a P4 or AMD equivalent mobo, what are his best options off-the-bat?

Well assuming it is the chance of it being a PCIe modo running DDR1 is pretty rare. I saw one that was a S478 P4 mobo with DDR1 and PCIe. But that was when PCIe first came out. After that there were a few LGA775 AGP and PCIe mobos but just for transition.

As for AMD, it would have to be a AM2 mobo to have PCIe as they adopted it a bit after Intel did.

His best option IF he is still using AGP is a HD3850. Thats the last GPU I have seen made for AGP but I don't think its being supported past the 8.6 Cata drivers.

rags_20

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
I had an ASUS with LGA 775 P4 and DDR1 RAM and a PCI-E slot. Anyway, 768 MB RAM just doesn't cut it. And if EA says it needs 1GB, it needs 1.5

r_manic

Administrator
Doesn't apply only to EA, but to game publishers in general. They want to sell as many units as possible, and if that means lowering the minimum requirements as much as possible, so be it.