Question Since I installed Zonealarm firefox has serious problems

kahoona

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
Today I installed the free Zonealarm firewall version 15.4 . Right away Firefox (version 66.0.2 64bit) began to lock up when multiple tabs were opened once it started locking up everything else in Windows 10 including the mouse began to lock. I had to restart from the power switch to get it working. I have the newest update on 64 bit Win 10. This is only a problem with Firefox. Chrome has no problem. I'd prefer not to use Chrome. Anybody else have that problem? Is there a cure? I did try to ask the ZOnealarm forum but after entering a lot of information to join I just got a message to try again later. Thanks for any help.

Zone alarm? That's a blast for the past.
I use comodo, never had really any problems, except with some games you update over Steam for some weird reason.
I'd uninstall it and install one that works better.
Glasswire is also extremely nice (I use both customised)

mtracy1991

Reputable
Today I installed the free Zonealarm firewall version 15.4 . Right away Firefox (version 66.0.2 64bit) began to lock up when multiple tabs were opened once it started locking up everything else in Windows 10 including the mouse began to lock. I had to restart from the power switch to get it working. I have the newest update on 64 bit Win 10. This is only a problem with Firefox. Chrome has no problem. I'd prefer not to use Chrome. Anybody else have that problem? Is there a cure? I did try to ask the ZOnealarm forum but after entering a lot of information to join I just got a message to try again later. Thanks for any help.

I had the same problem. Firefox wasn't running as good as it used to so I switched to Google Chrome.

kahoona

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
Thanks. Guess that about covers that. Since I would prefer not to use Google Chrome because of the data gathering and Windows Defender stops P2p I think I will take the advice to switch to Comodo. I really like the principle behind ZA but I have heard that it is too slow in adjusting to the new versions in some browsers.