Question Single Beep followed by no power after installing new GPU

Dec 28, 2021
So i had an old GTX 1050 TI that randomly stopped working on me while i was playing. I restarted my PC using integrated graphics, and found out it was no longer being detected. Figured the gpu had just died considering the age of it. My brother lent me his old GTX 960 to use in the mean time. I installed the 960 into the PCIE slot and plugged the 8 pin into it, and I now get a single beep followed by zero power and no startup. The weird thing is, when i take the 8 pin out of the 960, the pc boots and the 960’s fans spin, but then slowly stops, which im assuming is just a lack of power without the 8 pin being connected. My PSU is rated at 650 watts, so the only thing i can really think of is that the PSU is faulty. I dont think its the PCIE slot itself, since the 960 is being detected when the 8 pin is disconnected, and im using integrated graphics. Any help/ideas would be much appreciated!

Dec 28, 2021
Full system spec? include brand and model of the psu

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
PSU: PowerSpec 650 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX
Mobo: ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 2
RAM: 2x8gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4
I also have an 250gb SSD as well as a 1TB HDD, let me know if you'd like the brand and model for those aswell.
and as far as the gpu, the only thing that currently boots is the iGPU