[SOLVED] Single BSOD

thomasgreco0499

Commendable
May 19, 2019
I recently got a single BSOD, titled DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL specifically related to nvlddmkm.sys.

I suspect this is an NVIDIA driver (I am using a 2080 super), and as far as I can tell, this BSOD occurs when code attempts to access an area of memory that it does not have access to.

I have used this system configuration for months prior with no issues. I used ddu to uninstall my video drivers in safe mode and then reinstall. Either discord or a minecraft client, badlion client, appeared to be suspect in the bsod. Both were open and the bsod appeared to occur when i tried to use discord to “open” badlion client, as that is the game my friend was playing and discord UI allows you to launch friends’ games from within discord.

Any ideas? I haven’t had the time to try and seriously replicate this issue yet. Does anyone have more info on this specific type of bsod?

Solution
Likely it is a result of bad code from the discord or badlion ad on. If there is a newer Nvidia driver available, it is probably worth trying to run the DDU again, in safe mode, and then install the latest Nvidia driver. Also, check to see if there are updates or newer versions of the potentially offending softwares.

Otherwise, unless it occurs again I'd just write it off as a fluke. If it happens again it may be worth contacting those developers or searching their forums for similar issues. More than likely it's the ad on as those kinds of products tend to not get fully tested before they are pushed out to the public.
Likely it is a result of bad code from the discord or badlion ad on. If there is a newer Nvidia driver available, it is probably worth trying to run the DDU again, in safe mode, and then install the latest Nvidia driver. Also, check to see if there are updates or newer versions of the potentially offending softwares.

Otherwise, unless it occurs again I'd just write it off as a fluke. If it happens again it may be worth contacting those developers or searching their forums for similar issues. More than likely it's the ad on as those kinds of products tend to not get fully tested before they are pushed out to the public.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS