[SOLVED] Single Channel WITH Dual Channel problems?

Feb 14, 2022
Hello! I would like to ask if i will have problems if i buy this model CMK16GX4M2E3200C16 (dual channel kit, 2 sticks of 8gb) if i have installed on my PC two sticks single-channel of this model CMK8GX4M1E3200C16 (identical CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX RAMs).

Solution
Single channel vs dual channel is based on your motherboard configuration. If the motherboard supports dual-channel and you have two RAM modules installed in the correct slots (whether bought together or separately), you should be running in Dual-Channel mode.

That said, DDR4 is somewhat finicky when it comes to mixing and matching RAM. It may work, it may not. You won't know until you try it.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Single channel vs dual channel is based on your motherboard configuration. If the motherboard supports dual-channel and you have two RAM modules installed in the correct slots (whether bought together or separately), you should be running in Dual-Channel mode.

That said, DDR4 is somewhat finicky when it comes to mixing and matching RAM. It may work, it may not. You won't know until you try it.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Feb 14, 2022

-Wolf sends
My motherboard is ASUS B450-PLUS TUF GAMING and I am using (purchased separately) 2 sticks of CMK8GX4M1E3200C16, so if I understood correctly, they work as dual channel right? If I buy the pack of 2 dual channel sticks of this model CMK16GX4M2E3200C16, should all 4 work correctly?

Wolfshadw

Titan
ASUS B450-Plus TUF Gaming Motherboard Manual
Reference Pg. 1-10 for memory configuration.

My motherboard is ASUS B450-PLUS TUF GAMING and I am using (purchased separately) 2 sticks of CMK8GX4M1E3200C16, so if I understood correctly, they work as dual channel right?
If these RAM modules are installed in DIMM slots DIMM_A2 and DIMM_B2 (or DIMM_A1 and DIMM_B1), then yes. Your system memory is operating in Dual-Channel mode.

If I buy the pack of 2 dual channel sticks of this model CMK16GX4M2E3200C16, should all 4 work correctly?
Again, mixing and matching DDR4 RAM is questionable, even if you purchase the exact same RAM as you purchased before. If it works, then yes. It will work in Dual-Channel mode.

-Wolf sends

Feb 14, 2022
ASUS B450-Plus TUF Gaming Motherboard Manual
Reference Pg. 1-10 for memory configuration.

If these RAM modules are installed in DIMM slots DIMM_A2 and DIMM_B2 (or DIMM_A1 and DIMM_B1), then yes. Your system memory is operating in Dual-Channel mode.

Again, mixing and matching DDR4 RAM is questionable, even if you purchase the exact same RAM as you purchased before. If it works, then yes. It will work in Dual-Channel mode.

-Wolf sends
Thank you sir! I'll buy the dual-channel kit and i'll try It! Then i Will post the results!!