[SOLVED] Single-fan 1650 Super or Dual fan 1650 for the same price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Yeah, it's a difficult one to balance. If it were me, I'd take the single fan 1650 S, as you've said it's more powerful. The noise and heat doesn't bother me.

If you case has some internal fans, and they are set up correctly, you will hardly notice a rise in case temps with the single fan GPU. Obviously both these GPU's are really for 1080p, so the extra power in the Super might translates to a better game experience.

albertdenobelle

Prominent
Sep 5, 2020
Presumably, you mean discrete GPU's, the GTX1650 Super v GTX1650 standard? We're not mind readers :)

What is the question? Do you mean in terms of performance, or noise, or price? Your post is a little too vague.
Sorry on that, I thought it was pretty self explanatory. I meant to ask if a single-fan gtx 1650 super would be more preferable than a dual fan gtx1650 for the same price.

The question is about general preferability all things concerned. 1650Super is superior in terms of performance but would it be worth the heat and noise hadicaps? On the same price point.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a difficult one to balance. If it were me, I'd take the single fan 1650 S, as you've said it's more powerful. The noise and heat doesn't bother me.

If you case has some internal fans, and they are set up correctly, you will hardly notice a rise in case temps with the single fan GPU. Obviously both these GPU's are really for 1080p, so the extra power in the Super might translates to a better game experience.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
More fans generally means a larger/longer cooler. A single fan generally means a mITX version, short cooler. While both will perform the same, the single fan is usually at a slight disadvantage thermally, so that can and will affect boost levels which can affect overall fps/details outputs.

That's assuming aftermarket Ariel fans, and the single fan not being blower style.

Status
Not open for further replies.