Single gtx 780 ti for Acer xb270hu 144hz ips monitor with gsych?

zwillam

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
Any idea if 1 gtx 780 ti would work with this? Not planning on sli and not sure if using this monitor requiring me the play on most likely medium settings would be better than another monitor allowing me to play games on high settings... Any input?

Solution
I heard Star Citizen will need lots of power, I have some friends playing it in the testing phase.
MMO's should be okay.
Arma should be okay however I'm not sure what you will need to do to get 144 hz. I played it on my old 1440p 60 hz with a single 780 ti back in the days.
There are dips but the game was okay...
Not sure about rainbow 6 Killing floor 2, reign of kings and Day Z.

Would you consider getting a 1080p 144 hz gsync monitor? I think that would be a better idea with a single gtx 780 ti. I recommend 980 sli or a Titan X for the 1440p 144hz monitor....
For gaming I generally looked for TN to eliminate the ghosting issue common to IPS ... and i was not quite sure how G-Sync will mitigate that. But G-Sync appears to have done quite well to accomplish this. The only downside I see is lack of 3D Vision support. b As for additional input, you'll get all ya need right here:

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm

Oh one more downside.... ya can't buy it yet. :)

mr91

Distinguished

A single gtx 780 ti should be okay if you don't mind using medium settings...

For example if you play bf4 with medium settings you should get around 144 fps give or take.

What games are you playing?

zwillam

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014

I play games all over the bosrd. Really looking foreword to star citizen, rainbow six, killing floor 2, also play reign of kings, day-z, arma, some mmos as well.

mr91

Distinguished
I heard Star Citizen will need lots of power, I have some friends playing it in the testing phase.
MMO's should be okay.
Arma should be okay however I'm not sure what you will need to do to get 144 hz. I played it on my old 1440p 60 hz with a single 780 ti back in the days.
There are dips but the game was okay...
Not sure about rainbow 6 Killing floor 2, reign of kings and Day Z.

Would you consider getting a 1080p 144 hz gsync monitor? I think that would be a better idea with a single gtx 780 ti. I recommend 980 sli or a Titan X for the 1440p 144hz monitor....

Solution

JUICEhunter

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
There are two $400 G-sync monitors which both have 1080p 144hz and are AMAZING (save $ for 980ti!) I can tell you that a 780ti dominates @ 1080p w/G-sync.

High fps/settings are a great combo. 2k 144hz is a TALL order for any single card excluding titan x.

TRENDING THREADS